Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How to Align rear wheels?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ss6
My teener tends to oversteer way too easily, even during relatively tame street driving. Am swapping out the rubber today, and I want to make sure the rear wheel alignment is still OK from when I had the car corner balanced, yada, yada.

I assume the camber is OK since it is set with those funky shims on the outboard trailing arm mounts, but what about toe-in? How do you measure it? What should it be? How do you "zero" the wheels to begin with, ie how do you know they are pointed straight ahead before you start?

Thanks in advance...

John
URY914
String lines or piano wire along the side of the car. Measure to the front of the wheel rim and than to the back of the wheel rim to the string. Sorta hard to discribe here. There may be a tech articale on Pelican about it. I also have a little book about it. I'll find the book and post later.

Paul
Neal
I had that done at Les Schwabs along time ago, they seemed to be able to handle the shimmimg.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.