Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Canx an eBay auction w/ under 12 hours left
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ninefourteener
Hello,

It's a legitimate reason...... I was selling the software I purchased to study for promotion testing this year.

Turns out... the software doesn't work..... except on my computer... even if you pay for an update code. Apparently, only "I" can use this software, on "my" computer. Stupid... but that's the software creator's rules I guess.

The reason I just found out, is because I just sold the "Master the PFE" software to someone else with a BIN, and I just found out today about this problem. I feel horrible, so I refunded his $$... and we left pos feedback.. no worries.

but this auction, I had 8 bids (4 bidders), and I cancelled all their bids, but it won't let me remove the auction. What if someone snipes it?

Is there anything I can do to make sure no one bids on it?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...AMESE%3AIT&rd=1

Thanks everyone!

Matt
mrdezyne
Can't you go in and add/edit to your description? Just post a disclaimer or something as to why its not a good idea to bid and that no other bids will be considered..... confused24.gif
ninefourteener
QUOTE (mrdezyne @ Mar 14 2006, 09:33 AM)
Can't you go in and add/edit to your description? Just post a disclaimer or something as to why its not a good idea to bid and that no other bids will be considered..... confused24.gif

No.. I tried.. it won't let me edit it, cancel it... nothing.

The only thing it let me do was cancel bidders.
Mueller
QUOTE (ninefourteener @ Mar 14 2006, 10:39 AM)
QUOTE (mrdezyne @ Mar 14 2006, 09:33 AM)
Can't you go in and add/edit to your description?  Just post a disclaimer or something as to why its not a good idea to bid and that no other bids will be considered..... confused24.gif

No.. I tried.. it won't let me edit it, cancel it... nothing.

The only thing it let me do was cancel bidders.

create a phone account and way overbid by hundreds of bucks??

you'll be charged by eBay for the next highest bid....

or "report" the ad as an illegal sale, ebay will yank it for you....
ninefourteener
QUOTE (Mueller @ Mar 14 2006, 09:42 AM)

or "report" the ad as an illegal sale, ebay will yank it for you....

Can someone help me out and do that for me?

I have no idea how to do it... and with only 4 hours left.... not sure eBay will even get it in time
morph
you can close a auction.on the home page go to the top.click site map,under the line sell.end my listing.thats the e bay home page

james
seanery
do this to end the auction:
ninefourteener
QUOTE (morphenspectra @ Mar 14 2006, 09:54 AM)
you can close a auction.on the home page go to the top.click site map,under the line sell.end my listing.thats the e bay home page

james

Nope.. doesn't work:

Home > My eBay > All Selling > End My Listing Early

End My Listing Early

Your listing can't be ended early if there are bids on the item, the reserve price has been met, or the listing ends in 12 hours or less. Learn more.

Where would you like to go next?

Item I Last Looked At
My eBay

seanery
I'll bid it up if you want. You'll still have to pay the final valuation fees, but you won't get any neg feedback from anyone.

Just let me know.
ninefourteener
Naa.. thats ok.... I don't want to have to worry about getting in trouble through ebay about shill bidding Wouldn't want you to get in trouble either.

I guess I'm just going to have to keep an eye on it for the next 4 hours... cancel any bidders that might bid.... and hopefully no one snipies it.

If they do.. I'll just write them a letter, hopefully they'll be understanding about it all.

I think I would if it happened to me.

Of course, I've encountered a couple dickheads on eBay before too..

Thanks everyone!

M
914rrr
I think the trick is you have to cancel all bids first, and then you can cancel the auction. I've seen many auctions end early. One 'canned' reason for ending auction is ebay has is "Item is lost or broken". An early VW bus I was watching used that reason.
ninefourteener
Yea.. I've cancelled auctions early as well (usually because someone offered me a great deal).... and I've already cancelled all the bids.

Because there is under 12 hours left though, you can't modify the auction... at all.
morph
QUOTE (ninefourteener @ Mar 14 2006, 10:03 AM)

Your listing can't be ended early if there are bids on the item, the reserve price has been met, or the listing ends in 12 hours or less. Learn more.  

Where would you like to go next?

Item I Last Looked At
My eBay

whatever laugh.gif
i can and have ended auction early,with bids.never in the last 12 hours
the rules may be diffrent for power sellers,and or store owners.
we also have diffrent e bay names we sell other items under.
i think i know alot about e bay
the last 12 hours may be why your hung up.
james
Dominic
QUOTE (ninefourteener @ Mar 14 2006, 09:27 AM)
Hello,

It's a legitimate reason...... I was selling the software I purchased to study for promotion testing this year.

Turns out... the software doesn't work..... except on my computer... even if you pay for an update code. Apparently, only "I" can use this software, on "my" computer. Stupid... but that's the software creator's rules I guess.

The reason I just found out, is because I just sold the "Master the PFE" software to someone else with a BIN, and I just found out today about this problem. I feel horrible, so I refunded his $$... and we left pos feedback.. no worries.

but this auction, I had 8 bids (4 bidders), and I cancelled all their bids, but it won't let me remove the auction. What if someone snipes it?

Is there anything I can do to make sure no one bids on it?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...AMESE%3AIT&rd=1

Thanks everyone!

Matt

Matt,
Did you buy it from HDEL? I bought some software earlier this year and it would not let me upload it to my laptop. Did it help you with your scores this year? What strip are you testing for?
I'm testing for Master when I get back home....wish me luck.

Dominic
ninefourteener
QUOTE (Dominic @ Mar 14 2006, 12:31 PM)

Matt,
Did you buy it from HDEL? I bought some software earlier this year and it would not let me upload it to my laptop. Did it help you with your scores this year? What strip are you testing for?
I'm testing for Master when I get back home....wish me luck.

Dominic

I bought it from clothinmg sales.

Its a great program, and I think it helped me. I had no problem uploading it onto my computer... but there's aregistration process...... once to register it to one computer, you can't register it to another one... even if you pay.

Stupid, I know.

5 min left on the auction.. hopefully no one bids
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.