Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Porsche tool
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rjames
Someone is selling this, and I'm hoping it's the tool required to install the rear trunk torsion bar/springs.

The serial # is: 356 A B C 911 912 914

Anyone know what it's used for?
dweymer
lug nuts?
vertigo
Looks like a spark plug socket.
Rrrockhound
QUOTE (dweymer @ Mar 14 2006, 10:39 PM)
lug nuts?

agree.gif

The jack handle goes through the holes to give it leverage.
olav
agree.gif
Mueller
QUOTE (rjames @ Mar 14 2006, 08:38 PM)
Someone is selling this, and I'm hoping it's the tool required to install the rear trunk torsion bar/springs.

The serial # is: 356 A B C 911 912 914

Anyone know what it's used for?

you have a pretty good imagination to figure out how that would work with the springs smile.gif
URY914
On a Bug it fits both the wheel bolts and the sparkplugs. wink.gif
JmuRiz
QUOTE (vertigo @ Mar 14 2006, 07:40 PM)
Looks like a spark plug socket.

Actually it looks exactly like a bathtub faucet wrench. I had to buy one for my last faucet rebuild project. Probably a lot cheaper to get one at the hardware store....
Sparky
Sparkplug and wheel nuts, my 944 had one.

The part number really seems bogus: 356 a b c 911 912 914
Mark Henry
QUOTE (URY914 @ Mar 15 2006, 12:13 AM)
On a Bug it fits both the wheel bolts and the sparkplugs. wink.gif

Yeppers
Tobra
QUOTE (dweymer @ Mar 14 2006, 07:39 PM)
lug nuts?

THat is for lug nuts, there is a "tommy bar" that goes with it, from your tool kit, same setup as a bug, there is a trick to trunk springs, do a search on it and there is a thread that lays it out
rjames
Thanks guys- seems obvious now. I guess I'm just fixated on figuring an easy way to get the torsion bars/springs for the trunk installed without taking out an eye. Over on Pelican there's instructions for creating a tool do to this, but my eyes blurred over after I got halfway through 'em.
Time to consult the Haynes manual I guess.

Thanks!
Mueller
QUOTE (rjames @ Mar 15 2006, 01:21 PM)
Thanks guys- seems obvious now. I guess I'm just fixated on figuring an easy way to get the torsion bars/springs for the trunk installed without taking out an eye. Over on Pelican there's instructions for creating a tool do to this, but my eyes blurred over after I got halfway through 'em.
Time to consult the Haynes manual I guess.

Thanks!

Robert.....do a search here...I know someone (Clay??) posted pictures on how to modify a large adjustable wrench to use....or just start a new thread on the subject...good luck
914Sixer
I actually have a factory stamped bar tool for doing the rear trunk springs. I will be happy to loan it to you for shipping. It is not light. Send me your shipping info if you want to use it.
jimtab
Tobra, I own such a tool. Olav is currently using it but you could be next...you will have to come to breakfast though or get someone to get it from him to you.....Jim
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.