Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SF Bay Area breakfast, 25 March
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
lapuwali
Turns out I don't have to be out of town this month, so I can do the breakfast. We're doing a place in Emeryville this time: Can't Fail Cafe, a block from EASY and near Pixar.

9:14AM, Saturday, 25 March. 4081 Hollis St., Emeryville.

user posted image

Map of Can't Fail Cafe, 4081 Hollis St, Emeryville CA 94608
NOTE: the map is actually one block off, it's at the corner of Hollis and Park!

PS: the space reserved for us is in the back, when you walk in go passed the bar into the back area, then to your right.
the food and coffee orgy starts @ 10:00 am ...

[ADDED BY SIRANDY]

ok, quick headcount, post here if you're not on the list but plan to attend:

SirAndy
fiid
Porcharu
lapuwali
McMark
mikey
anthony
Dr. Roger
carreraguy
Marty Yeoman
jkeyzer
jonwatts

Jenny (?)
szuccaro (?)
NeunXIV (?)
McMark
Berkeley would be nice. Close for me. I'm going there today so I'll keep an eye out for a good breakfast place.
Jenny
Aw, shucks. I was gonna be lazy and do Santa Clara again. Nice and close. biggrin.gif

Jen
szuccaro
How about Santa Clara, San Jose, Campbell, or Los Gatos?
mightyohm
I vote Foster city, it's close to the airport where I will be dropping someone off that morning. biggrin.gif

Edit: Bezerkely is ok too but what a parking mess...
Chris Pincetich
Damn...I got the 914 back and am driving it to work every day again, but I've got plans to stay in the mountains for a weekend snowboarding on the 25th. Can't make it again-bummer. Have fun! beerchug.gif
lapuwali
We did Santa Clara last month. Trying to rotate this around the Bay so it's easier for everyone. I never get to Berkeley, so if someone wants to recommend a place in that area that has a good-sized parking lot, I'm perfectly happy to go there instead. Andy? Anthony? Anyone else that lives in that neck of the woods?

SirAndy
QUOTE (lapuwali @ Mar 15 2006, 12:46 PM)
Anyone else that lives in that neck of the woods?

hmmm, berkeley, good breakfast food, a lot of parking ...
sounds like an oxymoron to me ... biggrin.gif

we could invade the "Can't Fail Cafe" in Emeryville, plenty of street parking in front of the pixar studios and just one block away from EASY ...

other than that, i don't know of any good places up here ...
chowtime.gif Andy
McMark
Pixar is good. biggrin.gif
mikey
I might be able to make it to this one! Either Foster City or Bezerkeley would be fine. If we go to the Can't Fail Cafe I can drop by EASY afterwards and get some rocker panels. mueba.gif
GTeener
I'm ready for my teener to be on the road again. driving-girl.gif She needs her spring coming-out party.

I'm guessing since Mark hasn't picked up my wheels yet, that she won't be making to the breakfast on the 25th though sad.gif
McMark
I'm working on it Gwen. Chico isn't exactly around the corner. dry.gif

I might get them tomorrow. I'll let you know.
anthony
The Can't Fail Cafe is good. How busy are they on a Saturday morning?

In Berkeley, I'd highly recommend the Tomate Cafe (5th/Bancroft) in West Berkeley. There's no parking lot but lots of street parking and great food. They are kind of smallish too, like the Can't Fail Cafe, so it might be cramped if there was a big turnout.

How many people have turned out for the last two breakfasts? Will San Jose people drive to Berkeley/Emeryville?
SirAndy
QUOTE (anthony @ Mar 16 2006, 07:01 PM)
The Can't Fail Cafe is good. How busy are they on a Saturday morning?

In Berkeley, I'd highly recommend the Tomate Cafe (5th/Bancroft) in West Berkeley.

Will San Jose people drive to Berkeley/Emeryville?

the Tomate Cafe is good, but can be crowded as well. can't fail is crowded for lunch, but 10 am should work fine if we reserve the backroom. (during the week reserved for pixar) ...

i somehow doubt any of the south bay guys will *ever* drive anywhere other than the south bay ...
dry.gif Andy
lapuwali
We had a fair number show up in Foster City last time we were there.

OK, so tentatively, we're looking at the Can't Fail Cafe. I'll edit the top post to reflect that.
mightyohm
QUOTE (SirAndy @ Mar 16 2006, 07:16 PM)

i somehow doubt any of the south bay guys will *ever* drive anywhere other than the south bay ...

bs.gif
Nor.Cal.914
Hey one breakfast I might actually be able to make! laugh.gif As long as my car doesn't decide to poop out before then for some unkown reason, I'll for sure be able to go. My dad and brother and his friend might come in their cars as well. I'll let you know in a little while who all would be coming with me. Thanks
-Chris
SirAndy
QUOTE (lapuwali @ Mar 16 2006, 07:29 PM)
OK, so tentatively, we're looking at the Can't Fail Cafe.  I'll edit the top post to reflect that.

cool! btw. the yahoo map is one block off, it's at the corner of hollis and park ...

user posted image

wink.gif Andy
Dr. Roger
there's plenty of parking on park ave across the street from the cafe on the pixar side.

great idea!!!!

smilie_pokal.gif

i might even bring my car. just won't have blinkers or running lights.... laugh.gif
anthony
We should all park on the Pixar side. The offset parking spaces will make a nice photo.

GTeener
QUOTE (McMark @ Mar 16 2006, 05:18 PM)
I'm working on it Gwen. Chico isn't exactly around the corner. dry.gif

I might get them tomorrow. I'll let you know.

OK. Didn't know where they were. Just knew they were finished smile.gif
Porcharu

We like our "isolation". My wifes whole world is contained within a 3 mile radius - work is only 1.5 miles away.
I get over by the east bay lots of times - thats how I get to 5 north.smile.gif
40K miles in 3 years on my non-commuter truck.
I'll try to make it all the way over. mueba.gif
fiid
Sounds good. I should be in....
SirAndy
who else? i need a headcount to reserve the space for us ...

chowtime.gif Andy
McMark
I'm there.

Who's up for hanging out at the shop later? Jeff Keyzer may be coming up. Andy, are you interested in this 3.6 I have in my closet? poke.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE (McMark @ Mar 17 2006, 03:33 PM)
Andy, are you interested in this 3.6 I have in my closet? poke.gif

yeah, yeah, just keep on poking me ... rolleyes.gif

brad is going to ship some schtuff to your shop. 3.6L related.
cool_shades.gif Andy
McMark
Yeah, he's got some schtuff for me too! Soon I can finally test fit the motor.
carreraguy
Count me in Andy - will bring the taildragger though. I'll be the Teener-less SoBay rep! biggrin.gif
anthony
I'm in.
Dr. Roger
i'm in and if someone should get there early, maybe flag the row of parking spots for 914's.

great photo op. =-)

sorry about the big picture... huh.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE (Dr. Roger @ Mar 18 2006, 12:14 AM)
sorry about the big picture...

mine is bigger than yours! biggrin.gif

and btw. what's the "Goddess Wish Camp" ??? idea.gif
Dr. Roger
and btw. what's the "Goddess Wish Camp" ???  

Goddess Wish Camp is a registered theme camp at Burning Man that myself and some friends dreamed-up and construct every year. Our success is propeled by all of our happy Goddess visitors via word of mouth.

Last year we had approximately 300 Goddess's wishes granted.
It's a tough job but someone's got to do it.

We will be located approximately where we were last year which was at Fetish and 4:30.

We supply all of the Goddess pleasing testosterone and sensitivity we can muster and it's always a lot of fun for all.
Dave_Darling
QUOTE (jkeyzer @ Mar 16 2006, 07:52 PM)

bs.gif

agree.gif

Several of us South-Bay folks showed up for the last East Bay one. Got to meet Leo Imperial for that, which was neat.

I will try to make this one, but I don't know if I can or not... Time is now getting tougher to find. (Damn that "work" thing anyway, it takes away all of my free time!!)

--DD
jonwatts
The CSA (Chairman of Social Activities) isn't here to consult at the moment so I don't know. It would be cool to see Pixar and finally visit EASY.

McMark
Jon, I just talked to Gwen. You're going to have to start charging for your transportation services. lol2.gif

Plus I owe you some $ for those parts. idea.gif I didn't forget you.
GTeener
Jon is helping me to better relate to the jackstand club wink.gif

GTeener looks like a hovercraft in my garage now... Anyone done one of those conversions yet biggrin.gif
Jenny
QUOTE (Dave_Darling @ Mar 18 2006, 02:35 PM)
Several of us South-Bay folks showed up for the last East Bay one. Got to meet Leo Imperial for that, which was neat.

That's right, I was there for that one as well. However, Emeryville might be a bit far for me, expecially with the rain.

And before y'all start with the bitchin', I fully understand that people like Roger, Mueller, and McMark travel further distances to make it to the south bay events. And I fully appreciate them doing that. pray.gif

Jen
lapuwali
Rain or no rain, I'll be trudging up there, mit FIAT. At least it's nice and dry inside, and has working heat. Neither of those things could be said of the 914 or the Squareback...
GTeener
Doh! Calendar says I can't make a breakfast on the 25th dry.gif
I can make a late lunch biggrin.gif
MartyYeoman
Count me in.
SirAndy
reservation confirmed ...

the space reserved for us is in the back, when you walk in go passed the bar into the back area, then to your right.
the food and coffee orgy starts @ 10:00 am ...

i told them 10 - 15 people. don't be late. bring friends and family ...
chowtime.gif Andy
SirAndy
icon_bump.gif only two more days !!!! chowtime.gif
McMark
Can't wait. smilie_pokal.gif
mightyohm
Kylie and I are planning on coming, I hope there's room for us!

jonwatts
Deanna and I are planning on it.

Mark, I'm schlepping wheels in case you haven't heard so from Gwen.

olav

Do they have Swedish Pancakes?
fiid
Can everyone do a "No Rain" dance today? I'm a CW and I don't want to get my car wet! boldblue.gif

Actually - I think if I drive it in the rain it might just stop - cause a lot of the electrics are wet sensitive.... sad.gif
Mueller
QUOTE (McMark @ Mar 23 2006, 10:20 PM)
Can't wait. smilie_pokal.gif

I'm going to have to pass....limited time in the garage nowadays, so I'll be taking advantage of it smash.gif
welder.gif

Mark, any chance that you can bring down a pair of rear trailing arms? And if you have a pair of later model front struts that would be nice as well smile.gif

I could meet you at our usual meeting spot chowtime.gif

GTeener
QUOTE (jonwatts @ Mar 24 2006, 12:27 AM)
Mark, I'm schlepping wheels in case you haven't heard so from Gwen.

pray.gif THANK YOU JON! cheer.gif

girlboing.gif de-chromed, restored Fuchs...almost back on the road driving-girl.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE (olav @ Mar 24 2006, 06:54 AM)
Do they have Swedish Pancakes?

no. but they have cute waitresses with tattoos and piercings ...

wink.gif Andy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.