Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Marina AX Sunday March 19th
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nine14cats
Okay you NorCal 914Club members....who's going to the PCA-LPR AX at Marina this Sunday, March 19th?

I'm thinking of going...hopefully I can work out the schedule....was wondering if anyone else felt the urge....

Bill P.
9146R
Bill,
I'd be there except it is 29th wedding anniversary - divorce for sure if I autox'd instead of the get-away-day and dinner celebration. Great venue - have fun.
Greg
nine14cats
C'mon guys....isn't anybody else's car off of jackstands?....

Wait...my two cars are on jackstands.....I'm taking the taildragger.... laugh.gif

Anyone? Anyone? Trekkor? boldblue.gif

Bill P.

DanT
Sorry Bill,
Orange Julius is not quite ready for his coming out party.

Very soon biggrin.gif
nine14cats
Hi Dan,

I figured the prep work on your car wouldn't be finished.

Looking good for CDS on 4/15 and 4/16?

I'm filling out my paperwork for the TT on 4/29 and 4/30.

Bill P.
DanT
Yes, maiden voyage is going to be the 15th with CDS. Good venue to dial things in a bit.
Will be at TT#2 all ready to go.
Monentum shall reign supreme biggrin.gif wacko.gif
Trekkor
I really want to go.

I have to have balance of my activities now that i am including track days, too.

I likely miss this one.
31st at Thill. Then Zone #1 and #2 and SR airport on the 1st and 2nd of April.

KT
Andyrew
Dad said were going to an autox on sunday.. He might have said marina.. he said it was close.
Randal
Monentum shall reign supreme  

But only if you clean off those cool headers!

ppickerell
mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif
J P Stein
I ain't gonna make this one either, Bill. biggrin.gif
In fact, I ain't gonna make any in CA this year.
I'm up to my ass in autocrosses. I could prolly do 25-30.....then need a good divorce lawyer. w00t.gif
grantsfo
Sorry to miss this AX at Marina. ....looks like great weather. Have fun!

I will be dragging my budget six conversion to Track Masters at Infineon the end of this month and CDS in April. I'll head up to first Zone AX too.

Should be intersting since I will be learning how to drive a six with fat wheels and tires. I'm so used to keeping my foot flat on the floor with my 1.8 I think it will be interesting to have almost double the power. I will also be figuring out what I want to do with my suspension. I have so many differnt setup recomendations I think I need to just drive my on my current suspension and then start making changes.

nine14cats
Grant,

Let me check my spring box here at home. I might have a few that you can try in different increments....

I have a bunch in the 350lbs to 450lbs range, but come to think of it I think Andy S (Wyld6) was going to borrow them to test his car, I'll have to PM him.

I know I have 180's, 200's and 250's around here...I think blink.gif

Randal,

Did I sell you the 200's or 250's last year? I can't remember?

Anyway...I'll check and see what I have...at least you can try them our at the AX's and see how the car responds. If we show up at the same event I'll help you swap them out inbetween sessions if you want.

Bill P.

Trekkor
200#'s smilie_pokal.gif

KT
nine14cats
Grant,

I just checked my stash....Here's what I have:

H&R 10" 2.25 I.D. 250#

Eibach 10" 2.5" I.D. 350#
Eibach 10" 2.5" I.D. 400#
Eibach 10" 2.5" I.D. 450#

I must have sold my 200's or 220's to Randal a few years ago.

If you are running standard size Bilstein's or Koni's in the back, you'll most likely want the 2.5" I.D. springs, but these are probably too stiff for your car currently. You wouldn't be able to adjust out the oversteer with a 22mm Welt bar.

I ran a 27mm Smart bar with 23mm Tbars on our 914. I could then use the springs above with the Smart bar and adjust as I pleased.

Bill P.
grantsfo
QUOTE (nine14cats @ Mar 18 2006, 02:28 PM)
Grant,

Let me check my spring box here at home.  I might have a few that you can try in different increments....

I have a bunch in the 350lbs to 450lbs range, but come to think of it I think Andy S (Wyld6) was going to borrow them to test his car, I'll have to PM him.

I know I have 180's, 200's and 250's around here...I think blink.gif

Randal,

Did I sell you the 200's or 250's last year?  I can't remember?

Anyway...I'll check and see what I have...at least you can try them our at the AX's and see how the car responds.  If we show up at the same event I'll help you swap them out inbetween sessions if you want.

Bill P.

Thanks Bill! My car currently has 200# springs and stock torsion bars with 21 mm weltmiester front swaybar. I have a sense that with 265 width tires in the rear and 225's in the front I may need more spring than 200#.
Randal
Did I sell you the 200's or 250's last year? I can't remember?

I have your springs on my car now. I'll have to ask Brad what size they were, unless you can read it off the springs.

Don't you remember (OMG) two years ago - we were all changing springs back and forth so much that it was like playing drop the soap. laugh.gif
Trekkor
I can't stress this enough:
Get the BIG front bar and stock rear bar on that car!

Ride with me at SR. I'll show you wink.gif

Come up to Thill after your track day at Sears if you like.

KT
billd
I'll be there with my stock 73 2.0L. All of 85 horsepower.
Andyrew
I have 12in 275 2.5id's on the back right now..

I have a feeling that it will be to much spring for the track, but just enough for the tight autox's...

DanT
Oh Billd, you must have at least 86HP. biggrin.gif
Bill, did you ever find headers or SSIs for the 2.0L, or are you putting all your effort into the 6 now? How is the motor situation coming along? Is it going to be a 2.7 or 3.0?
nine14cats
Bill D., I bet you have at least 87.5 HP in that car! Well...at least one 914 is going!

Dan,

No 4 parts left except for a burch muffler setup that I have to get rid of. I sold the SSI's to someone up north according to my parts log book.

I bought a 3.0 litre motor for The Beast.

Here's the thread....post your thoughts on the configuration.... smilie_pokal.gif

3.0 for The Beast

Bill P.
nine14cats
Hi Randal,

Yep...I remember when we were swapping parts right and left trying to get the cars all dialed....even swapping springs out at AX events!

I think the ones you have are 200's or 250's You can read them on the spring itself. Eibach codes it 1000.250.0250 where it means 10" length / 2.5" I.D. / 250lbs.

The Beast currently has coilovers on all 4 corners using Advanced Design Ground Control shocks with 2.25 inch I.D. springs.

I'd like to stay witht he advanced designs....but we'll see.

Bill P.
DanT
Bill, I was reading your thread on the Beast motor....If it were me I would build it to be a fairly exact replica of the 2.7 you had except with the 3.0 or 3.2 displacement.
That is my $9.14 worth.

I sold my SSIs and Bursch about two weeks ago to someone on the board from here in SJ. weekender (Erik) IIRC

Had my car out and drove around the block today just for biggrin.gif

Put my numbers on today....now it really is a track car. No more magnetic numbers clap56.gif

torsion bars and porterfields with brake bleed tomorrow.
nine14cats
Allright Dan! smilie_pokal.gif

I want a ride at Buttonwillow..... happy11.gif

Bill P.
DanT
You can have a ride anytime Bill, if you want to get bored and watch the scenery go by at a slower pace wink.gif biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.