Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WOT: week 1 NFL
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tat2dphreak
Miami disappointed,
Raiders beat themselves with yellow flags...
Detroit and Arizona was the "best" game, though neither team will likely make the playoffs...
2 "good" teams were shutout by teams they were picked to beat...
Grren Bay lost in Lambeau

did anyone else watch/listen? what did you think about how your teams/others looked?

I listened to part of the Dallas Game on the Radio Sunday while tinkering... I caught part of the fist quarter and the announcers were saying "Cowboys look crisp, timing was good.. Defense was strong"... by the 4th quarter they changed their tune: "The Cowboys haven't looked good all day" laugh.gif

I thought that was the funniest thing...
Bleyseng
Seahawks won their opener for the first time since '86. Don't think they are good too far this year even with a soft schedule.

Geoff
URY914
It is hard to be humble when you have the Buc's training center next door to your office.
We watch them practice at lunch. (Until the security guard runs us off)

The Eagles were supposed to be tough.
Sunday is Carolina-another win.

Paul
tat2dphreak
yea, Carolina had trouble with Jax... WTF?!

I have Hasslebeck as a backup in one of my Fantasy leagues... should have put him in instead of fuckin' Farve!
Curvie Roadlover
QUOTE(tat2dphreak @ Sep 10 2003, 11:17 AM)

Detroit and Arizona was the "best" game, though neither team will likely make the playoffs...

Hard to get exited about football in THIS town, but Sunday was certainly encouraging
tat2dphreak
QUOTE(Curvie Roadlover @ Sep 10 2003, 02:45 PM)

Hard to get exited about football in THIS town, but Sunday was certainly encouraging

Hey, even false hope is "hope" smile.gif that makes the season much more fun to watch!
biosurfer1
i found out that my fantasy league is a joke...i have tampa bay defense and i didnt get a point for the shut out, what is that crap!!!!
ArtechnikA
did anyone else watch/listen?

no. football exists only as a socially acceptable excuse for cheerleaders.
gets too much valuable TV airplay that could be put to better use broadcasting racing.

(since you ask...)
tat2dphreak
I watch for violence personally... not enough cheerleader cleavage... err coverage to make it worth sitting through a 3hr game...

football rules with Tivo though... 30 sec skip gets right from 1 play to the next, no waiting on huddles
Scott Carlberg
Chiefs didn't just win, they dominated boldblue.gif

SF whiners will beat the Rams this coming week and THAT'S all we'll hear in the paper
for the entire season.

The Raiders lost? Gee, counting the Super Bowl, that's two losses in a row, huh? w00t.gif

Also, Rich wrote:
"TV airplay that could be put to better use broadcasting racing."

..see SPEED channel. #607 on your DirectTV Satellite system.
tat2dphreak
yea, yea, yea... Raiders are my team, but thatg IS 2 losses in a Row, 1 to the Bucs, 1 to the Refs!

Chiefs and Priest DID tear 'em up... wish I would have had him in my leagues smile.gif

anyone for a yahoo fantasy league? all 914club?
914werke
I agree Geoff. Sea chickens win ...but still suck! headbang.gif
tdgray
The Browns were dominant, simply amazing better than ever before, definite superbowl contenders!

Oh yea I just woke up from my mid afternoon nap laugh.gif

Damn Browns why the hell do we even care in this god forsaken sports hell.

FU Browns, Indians and well who cares about the Cavs finger.gif

Todd
biosurfer1
browns and indians maybe... but in the few pre-season games i've seen, lebron seems to be right at home in the nba, interested to see how he does when the real games start.
sharper
My Falcons looked good - even without Vick. Hopefully they can keep it up until he gets back. Every team needs to fear them once he is back.
tat2dphreak
of course they look good: they were playing the cowgirls! the local HS team is better than Dallas!
madd_dogg_914
I notice that so far no one has mentioned the BEST team in football.

THE SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS!!!

How do you like that, the 49ers, score 49 points in their season opener to beat the Bears 49 - 7

-Chris

If you can't tell I am a die hard 49ers fan . . .
tat2dphreak
maybe Chicago is better than Dallas, but not by much... when SF beats TB or even the giants like that... that's bragging time!!!

I had a friend in College DIE HARD SF fan!! wore jerseys 3 days a week to class.. it was sick! I don't hate SF...at least not as much as I hate Dallas...

it's been said that my 2 favorite teams are the Raiders, and whoever is playing the Cowboys smile.gif
JRust
Amen Chris! The niners are the best team ever (to me). I'm going to see them play the Seahawks next month in Seattle. Gonna be sweet! That is the only time I get to see the niners in person. Although I did vow to make a game at 3com this year. Who knows other than niners in the playoffs once again! Super bowl its way to early to tell! Good luck to everyone elses teams except when they play my niners fighting19.gif
madd_dogg_914
I have season tickets to the niners this year. I have three seats. If you wanted to come down for a game, I would give you a ticket, just ask that you pay for parking. We will tailgate, big BBQ, talk 914's, the WORKS! I dunno which game yet. Lemme know if interested. Unfortunately I rent, so I wouldn't have a place to put you up, but maybe if we coordinate with a 914 meet or sumthin someone else could have you stay with them.

-Chris
seanery
GOIPB Image
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.