Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Just saw a 73 1.7 sitting in a gas station...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Joe Bob
So I stop in and and say....yo...what up with the VW?

Guy looked at me and said it's a PORCH.....one syllable.... blink.gif

Then he sees my 911 ass dragger and he gets the joke....

I check it out while quizzing him....he's the owner and the wrench at the station. Solid trunks, not cut for a/c, intact battery tray, steel wheels with rusty silver paint, some rust patches on top of the front trunk seam of the fender....pretty solid car. Light blue, build date of 3/73 good bumpers....

Guys says he just got it running, decent interior, frozen front driver side caliper.....he seems open for a sale, he bought it for his kid....kid wants a Mercedes......I hit him with "I bought one last year like this for $800".....he says that's what he's into it for......been sitting since 96 and has a non op with DMV.

Hmmmm, looks like I may have another '14 soon...... cool_shades.gif

Pics tomorrow.....I didn't have my camera on me.
Allan
smilie_pokal.gif Buy it!!!!!!!
JoeSharp
OH NO, I feel a ROCKET coming on....
:PERMAGRIN: Joe
Elliot_Cannon
Isn't there a rule about admins not owning a 914? You better buy this thing fast or risk losing admin status. laugh.gif
Elliot
Joe Bob
Nah...IF I did it.....it would stay stock and I would get it nice and sell it.

I'm trying to locate the Rocket owner and get THAT back.

I PM'd Dave Bell.....I think he has the guy's #......

Went over to the Renegade site and looked for the video of the Rocket and Steve Malm's ZX powered '14 on PCH in the rain (couldn't find it)....it's the one where the Renegade guy made the dumbfuck pass in traffic near the cop shop....the driver/photog is the owner I'm looking for.
Gint
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
rick 918-S
I've seen that vid, good luck on the car.
Eric Taylor
Hey Z - What was the rocket?

ERic
Joe Bob
One of the first 3.0 conversions that used off the shelf parts....done around 1994.

Started out as a 70 piece of crap and ended up with a 250HP, flat six and a LSD trans, flares and all the goodies....
Joe Bob
asdf
Joe Bob
asdf

1999 PCA Zone 8 AX champ H Improved....
Eric Taylor
That's my wet dream combo wub.gif . Hope you get it back. Nice bike too, thoughs carbon wheels on there? Do you do a lot of riding?
eric
Joe Bob
Back on it....lost 25lbs....the easy weight....the next 25 will be harder. dry.gif

Here's the before pic....
user posted image
Eric Taylor
Cool, just keep at it. Pumping the big hills feels great when you can do it without weazing.

I know this is a total Hijack but here's a picture o me at a ride a thon school did.
Eric
Joe Bob
Weazing...yeah....the asthma helps...inhaler, first then I ride....it sucks getting old.

Back in HS and College I was 140lbs and ran the mile under 4:10......two knees and an achilles repair later I'm a fat ass...
G e o r g e
is that the one at the mobil at los posidas sp?

i was going to ask on it the other day, it did look pretty good, for the 2 seconds i looked at it.

George
Joe Bob
Yup.....first in line....IT's MINE I TELL YOU!!!!!!!!!!
olav
QUOTE (Eric Taylor @ Mar 15 2006, 06:40 PM)
Cool, just keep at it. Pumping the big hills feels great when you can do it without weazing.

I know this is a total Hijack but here's a picture o me at a ride a thon school did.
Eric

Are you in the red shirt?

biggrin.gif
Joe Bob
Nope.... not me goat boy..... sheeplove.gif

Red makes me look fat..... dry.gif
Root_Werks
Sounds like a good deal for the car Mike, jump on it if you get the chance. Even sporting around in a 1.7 914 is fun driving. driving.gif
drewvw
QUOTE (Root_Werks @ Mar 16 2006, 07:42 AM)
Sounds like a good deal for the car Mike, jump on it if you get the chance. Even sporting around in a 1.7 914 is fun driving. driving.gif

I agree with that! Took mine out for a late night tool yesterday....i need to get an electronic ignition though.
Aaron Cox
hey mikey... DO IT smile.gif
dlo914
QUOTE ("*" @ Mar 15 2006, 06:56 PM)
Weazing...yeah....the asthma helps...inhaler, first then I ride....it sucks getting old.

Back in HS and College I was 140lbs and ran the mile under 4:10......two knees and an achilles repair later I'm a fat ass...

damn that's a quick mile! the fastest i ever ran mines was like in 5:30, BTA im a sprinter. Dreaded the 400x4 relay. But yea hope you're able to reclaim your prized 14'. It's a BEAUT!
pete-stevers
mike you might "shave" some time off if you use spandex biggrin.gif ....YUP
G e o r g e
if you buy it and want to get rid of the luggage rack lmk.

George
Elliot_Cannon
Yo! Mikey! You want the Rocket back? I know some people. I could make a coupla phone calls. Just say the word.
Elliot
Dave Bell
mmmm .... the Rocket...

I visit that car about once every 3 months since the current owner lives about 4 miles from my house....

Like Mikey... I still love that car too... even though I only rode in it a couple times...

Still at work Mike... I will check for the phone number when I get home.

- Dave

SoCal Driver
Did you have your have website some time ago with build info on it? And are you in SB? I came across a website (seemed like 8 yrs ago) where someone built a car that, i think, is identicle to your old rocket. I remeber seeing that and saying to myself that that's the 914 I want to build myself. From that day on I've wanted a white flared 914. Also, iirc on the site there ware pis where the car was clipped on the passanger fender and the front had to be rebuilt. Am I remembering correcrtly and that was you?
Joe Bob
Yep that be me....had an argument with an 18 wheeler three days before an AX....drove the event with a missing front fender and was still TTOD.....1999, I was also the HI champ for the Zone 8 PCA region.... mueba.gif
skline
QUOTE (Elliot Cannon @ Mar 16 2006, 06:21 PM)
Yo! Mikey! You want the Rocket back? I know some people. I could make a coupla phone calls. Just say the word.
Elliot

But all the people you know are old and cant remember who you are, besides, I bet you cant even remember their numbers. Your mind went about 5 or 6 years ago. lol2.gif
Root_Werks
icon_bump.gif

Hey Mike, did you ever go back and pick this 914 up?
Joe Bob
The guyz still thinking on it....
JmuRiz
QUOTE ("*" @ Mar 15 2006, 05:15 PM)
Went over to the Renegade site and looked for the video of the Rocket and Steve Malm's ZX powered '14 on PCH in the rain (couldn't find it)....it's the one where the Renegade guy made the dumbfuck pass in traffic near the cop shop....the driver/photog is the owner I'm looking for.

I love that vid, I have it on my home PC...saved it just for kicks.

Good luck getting the Rocket back, very cool car.
Joe Bob
Can you post it on a website or something? Love to get a copy of it....
Mrs. K
QUOTE ("*" @ Mar 15 2006, 06:56 PM)

bootyshake.gif More pics????? lol3.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.