Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The German *bay
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
1970 Neun vierzehn
Since I've recently(just today) registered onto this extremely interesting Forum and have "lurked" for a couple of weeks, forgive me if this is old news to the senior members on board. BUT, has anyone ever spent time on the German and/or European auction site and seen some of the unique, oddball or otherwise heretofore unseen items that appear periodically on those web pages? Obviously there is a language difference to overcome in most instances and the shipping/trust/recourse solutions can be offputting, but I've wondered, has anyone here on the Forum successfully completed a trans-Atlantic eBay transaction for any parts, accessories or memorabilia?
Mueller
welcome.png

sure, I've never bought from the krauts ( smile.gif ), but there are many members here that are German or just speak and know the langauge and have done transactions from ebay.de

just like buying from someone in the states, the seller must be willing to ship and then you have the money issue....

Cap'n Krusty
I have done so, for both memorabilia and old camera equipment. Never a problem then, but it's been 7 or 8 years and the scammers have multiplied like flies. The Cap'n
Gustl
QUOTE (1970 Neun vierzehn @ Mar 16 2006, 07:23 PM)
... has anyone here on the Forum successfully completed a trans-Atlantic eBay transaction for any parts, accessories or memorabilia?

well, I did quite a lot trans-Atlantic eBay transaction ... but the other way 'round laugh.gif

I often buy items from US sellers and had hardly any problem rolleyes.gif

welcome.png from far far away wavey.gif
michelko
QUOTE (Gustl @ Mar 16 2006, 10:50 AM)
QUOTE (1970 Neun vierzehn @ Mar 16 2006, 07:23 PM)
... has anyone here on the Forum successfully completed a trans-Atlantic eBay transaction for any parts, accessories or memorabilia?

well, I did quite a lot trans-Atlantic eBay transaction ... but the other way 'round laugh.gif

I often buy items from US sellers and had hardly any problem rolleyes.gif

welcome.png from far far away wavey.gif

Me to.

maybe wrong direction laugh.gif

welcome.png

smilie_flagge6.gif
dstar
I've bought lots of stuff from Ebay members residing in Germany.

NO problems yet!

Don
goodwood73
I've never bought anything but i like to look over there. I use this to translate the whole webpage. Sometimes it works good. Just type in the address. mueba.gif

Babel Fish
SLITS
Huh huh.gif who? cool.gif

The world is flat....nothing exists beyond New Yark City......... dry.gif
DEC
QUOTE (1970 Neun vierzehn @ Mar 16 2006, 10:23 AM)
.... has anyone here on the Forum successfully completed a trans-Atlantic eBay transaction for any parts, accessories or memorabilia?

welcome.png

I have done this in both directions.
Actually with highperformancehouse.com
It was never a problem.
rocking nana.gif mueba.gif rocking nana.gif mueba.gif

Wilco aktion035.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE (DEC @ Mar 16 2006, 12:23 PM)
Die einen hängen wir beim Beschleunigen, den Rest beim Bremsen ab.

agree.gif

never had anything from the german ebay shipped over here, but my mother sends me care packages all the time.

glühwein gewürz, spekulatius, waldmeister wackelpudding and curry ketchup ...
biggrin.gif Andy
pfierb
Bought many car badges on e-bay from Germany and the U.K. never had a problem and delivery was always fast......I always use PayPal.
DEC
QUOTE (SirAndy @ Mar 16 2006, 01:21 PM)
QUOTE (DEC @ Mar 16 2006, 12:23 PM)
Die einen hängen wir beim Beschleunigen, den Rest beim Bremsen ab.

agree.gif

That was for an advertising drunk.gif
for the 928GTS
VegasRacer
I have completed over 200 International eBay deals. They have been equally divided between Germany, France, England and other. The biggest problems have been sometimes slow service from the Post Office and the occasional damaged box. I have made some lasting friendships with International eBay partners. Most all have been excellent transactions.

If you have any specific questions, I am sure we can help.
The key to any successful eBay deal is trust and communication.
dralf
welcome.png
Nice to see another person from Ohio join the club....
Have never used E Bay overseas so can not offer advice but I can offer you a beer if you ever want to stop up to Dayton to visit and talk 914.
914Sixer
I send parts all over the world. Thialand has been the furtherest but I frequently ship to Belguim, France, Germany. Occasionlly I have stuff going to Austrialia, Japan and Mexico. I have never had any trouble except for the foreign post offices being slow. Most Porsche ebayers are good people. type.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.