Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Front trunk stuck
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
#1RAGE
Last fall when I was putting the 914 away I was planning on filling the tank before parking it at a friend's garage for the winter. I went to pop the front trunk but it wouldn't open. sad.gif

So sometime in the next month or two I will be going to get the 914 out for the snowless season. It may be running on fumes when I start it up so I thought I should make a plan ahead of time on how to get the trunk open in case I run out of fuel before I get home. I'm hoping the warmer weather will fix it but if it doesn't, what do I do? headbang.gif

DEC
dismantle the front bumper and you will find a little hole
with a screwdriver you can unclamp the front hood
balljoint
The latch sometimes won't pop if there is too much pressure on it. Try pulling the hood release, while someone else pushes down a bit on the hood. Otherwise you're pulling off the bumper. smile.gif
Joe Ricard
Mine does that sometimes. That's wha I do. "hey man help me open this damn thing"
zymurgist
BTDT. Dropped the front bumper and I was able to pop the latch.
#1RAGE
Ok thanks. beerchug.gif

Good to know. It did happen once or twice in the summer and I was able to get it open with the help of someone pushing on the hood. Didn't work this last time but maybe once it warms up it will.
bd1308
on mine i have to pull REAL FREAKIN hard in order to open it up, but click it goes...

only when its cold.
b
wbergtho
Another thing to do (once everything is open) is to take out the front trunk latch and clean off 30+ years of grime and gunk. Give it a light greasing and test it to make sure it releases and functions effortlessly. Taking the cable out (from inside the car where the "T" handle is and cleaning/greasing will go along way in making it hassle free. Then adjust the release cable so that there is no slop in the system. Your hood should now open every time. biggrin.gif

Bill
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.