Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Replacement Fuel Lines in the tunnel
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Member Vendors
ChrisFoley
I'm making up some sets in the next week or so. PM me if you are interested in a set.
gregrobbins
Chris, any idea on price?
kenpolives
Hi Chris, does the engine have to be out to get these in?

Remember me, the orange car that had the gas line break as you were about to weld.
Hammy
Interested in price
DEC
QUOTE (Hammy @ Mar 18 2006, 02:29 AM)
Interested in price

agree.gif
Luke M
Hi, Chris
I'm also looking to replace my fuel lines.

How much $$ and shipping $$
Whats the metal lines made of( S.S. or ? )
PM or e-mail me at: lukem1@frontiernet.net
Luke
degreeoff
sawzall-smiley.gif I need just 1...the big one. Just pulled my rear pans off...interesting set up/cluster fuk in there....I am all carbs and only need 1 line.

How soon could you get one to me and how much?

Josh
ChrisFoley
Thanks for all the responses.

These are stainless steel hard tubing. The sizes are 3/8"od and 5/16"od, not exactly the OEM metric sizes but close.

Estimated price is $50 plus shipping for the pair. Large one only - $28. Shipping will be via UPS Ground since that is most convenient for me. Estimated cost of shipping to CA is $20.

I have to order more 3/8" tube next week (as I had less than I thought on the shelf), and some shipping boxes. Once I do that I'll post firm prices and let you start sending $$. Check or MO preferred. Add $2.50 for Paypal.
ChrisFoley
I will be flaring the ends of the 3/8" line just slightly to help secure the hose, but not enough to make installation difficult.

If anybody wants, I can weld a dash 6 AN female fitting to the 3/8" line in the engine comp. I'll check the price for that too.
Eddie914
Sign me up!

Perfect timing. The replacement engine is in the garage getting finished up ... induction, exhaust, electrical, cooling.

Can I sent $$$ now so I can in on the first batch?

Thanks!

Eddie
jim_hoyland
Definate order here.

Jim Hoyland
Hammy
I like your price.
kenpolives
I'm in for the larger one. Maybe we can work out a I'll drive it there/ install day?
ChrisFoley
QUOTE (kenpolives @ Mar 19 2006, 06:42 AM)
I'm in for the larger one. Maybe we can work out a I'll drive it there/ install day?

As long as you can wait until June 1st. I won't have the time or space before then.
drgchapman
I'd like two sets, Chris. Great peace of mind. $100.00 + $20 shipping?

Gary
Lou W
QUOTE (Racer Chris @ Mar 18 2006, 04:06 PM)
I will be flaring the ends of the 3/8" line just slightly to help secure the hose, but not enough to make installation difficult.

If anybody wants, I can weld a dash 6 AN female fitting to the 3/8" line in the engine comp. I'll check the price for that too.

Yes, I would buy a set. smile.gif
McMark
I'll take two sets. What are your thoughts on these line sizes for a 3.6 motor? I'll ask in the forum as well.
goose2
I'm in for 1 set
Chris,

Count me in for one set- 74- 1.8 stock

cool.gif
ChrisFoley
QUOTE (McMark @ Mar 19 2006, 08:26 PM)
What are your thoughts on these line sizes for a 3.6 motor?

Someone else asked me about a set for his V8 with EFI. I think a 3/8" tube can flow a lot of fuel but I would still be tempted to up the size to 7/16" or 1/2" for a big motor. I'm not sure how to deal with fitment of a larger size at the firewall and at the front where it goes through the big rubber block though.
What size fuel line is in a 911 with a 3.6L?
914forme
Looking good I have the SS stuff here but if your price is what you think it will be count me in!!!!! Take me longer to bend them that to bill the money so its a good deal for me.

Dang one more thing just to make me drop my engine yet again. Them jack stands look lonely in the corner with out a 914 on them. laugh.gif
ChrisFoley
I got a little disappointing news today when I ordered more tubing. The price is substantially higher than it was last time I made a purchase over a year ago. I may need to increase my price by $5 but I'm not certain yet. I'm going to treat this as a group buy deal and pass on the maximum savings to everyone who gets in by the end of this month. After that I will advertise the price for future orders on my website.
Someone suggested that just putting these in a 6"x6" cardboard box may not protect them sufficiently from Gorilla UPS handlers, especially for the ones crossing the country. I am thinking about taping them to a piece of 1x3 pine for added support so they don't run the risk of getting kinked, but this will add to the shipping cost. At least the boxes are only about $3 each.
What do you think about sending them in groups to a central location such as Original Customs in Napa for the Bay area guys. There would be a small savings in shipping cost that is offset by the need to drive somewhere to pick them up.
scottb
i'm still in per my pm. any of these making their way to hershey?

Lou W
QUOTE (Racer Chris @ Mar 20 2006, 06:30 PM)
I got a little disappointing news today when I ordered more tubing. The price is substantially higher than it was last time I made a purchase over a year ago. I may need to increase my price by $5 but I'm not certain yet. I'm going to treat this as a group buy deal and pass on the maximum savings to everyone who gets in by the end of this month. After that I will advertise the price for future orders on my website.
Someone suggested that just putting these in a 6"x6" cardboard box may not protect them sufficiently from Gorilla UPS handlers, especially for the ones crossing the country. I am thinking about taping them to a piece of 1x3 pine for added support so they don't run the risk of getting kinked, but this will add to the shipping cost. At least the boxes are only about $3 each.
What do you think about sending them in groups to a central location such as Original Customs in Napa for the Bay area guys. There would be a small savings in shipping cost that is offset by the need to drive somewhere to pick them up.

$5.00 w00t.gif biggrin.gif jk smile.gif

We could do something like that for the SoCal Contingent, maybe distribute them at the next barbecue at Joe's.

Have you thought at all of adding a threaded fitting on the tank side too similar to the engine bay side? and if so, what would be the additional costs?
gregrobbins
Chris, you can ship to my address for the Arizona contingent. We meet often enough that they can be distributed.
SirAndy
QUOTE (Racer Chris @ Mar 20 2006, 05:30 PM)
What do you think about sending them in groups to a central location such as Original Customs in Napa for the Bay area guys.

i'll take a set if we can figure out if they will flow enough for a 3.6L motor ...

smilie_pokal.gif Andy
ChrisFoley
QUOTE (Lou W @ Mar 20 2006, 10:50 PM)
Have you thought at all of adding a threaded fitting on the tank side too similar to the engine bay side? and if so, what would be the additional costs?

I can do that. Installation becomes more difficult but that wouldn't be my problem. smash.gif
I still have to see what the cost is for appropriate SS fittings. I haven't seen "weld-on" stainless AN fittings, just mild steel, so I have to get the cheapest adapters I can like maybe 1/4"npt to -6AN. Any required modifications to a fitting will add $$.
ChrisFoley
QUOTE (SirAndy @ Mar 20 2006, 11:59 PM)
QUOTE (Racer Chris @ Mar 20 2006, 05:30 PM)
What do you think about sending them in groups to a central location such as Original Customs in Napa for the Bay area guys.

i'll take a set if we can figure out if they will flow enough for a 3.6L motor ...

smilie_pokal.gif Andy

The 3/8" tubing I am using has an ID of .305". That's a smaller than the ID of -6 rubber hose but bigger than the ID of any -6 fittings. I think it will flow enough for any 911 engine but may be marginal for a big V8 at WOT. The fuel lines on my big truck with a 460 are no bigger than 3/8" so it is probably fine for a street driven 914 with a 350.
The fuel lines in a 914 are shorter than a typical front engine or rear engine vehicle and inertia is working in our favor on the supply line.
If I end up making bigger supply lines for a few guys I am sure the price will be significantly higher for them.
aircooledboy
I will take one set also. Tired of that vague gas smell. unsure.gif

Even $60/per sounds like a good price to me. beerchug.gif
shoguneagle
boldblue.gif Wondering if the gas line tubing kit is still available. If it is, please add my name to the list. I am at the stage where I need to replace the gas lines before starting back up with the build. I will be running 3.0 sixer with CIS (1979) boldblue.gif boldblue.gif

Thanks
Steve Hurt
Shoguneagle
srcapmetal
I'd like a set with -6 fittings at both ends. Thanks
McMark
QUOTE (Racer Chris @ Mar 21 2006, 04:10 AM)
If I end up making bigger supply lines for a few guys I am sure the price will be significantly higher for them.

Yay! dry.gif

Just giving you a hard time. poke.gif
ChrisFoley
QUOTE (McMark @ Mar 21 2006, 09:46 PM)
Just giving you a hard time. poke.gif

Primary issue is the cost of a bender, just to bend a few pieces of tubing, then it sits for who knows how long before I find another use. I would have to charge at least $30 more for sets using 1/2" supply and 3/8" return.
If at least 5 people order lines of that size I will do it but I think it is extreme overkill. The 3/8" supply line should be ample for all but big V8 drag cars IMO.
plas76targa
Count me in for a pair as well. Standard size for a 914.

If it isn't trouble to box two sets together Scottb and I are close enough - i'd drive to deliver his or pick mine up. I'll contact Scott.. we can iron out details as you get closer to ship.

Matt
ChrisFoley
I worked on this a little more today. The price for the standard pair is firm at $50, 3/8" supply line only is $28. Adding the AN flare fittings is $20 each.
I will have a shipping price schedule soon. At that point I will start a new thread with all prices and terms in the first post.
Hammy
Chris, i'm a bit confused. What are/do the flare fittings for?
ChrisFoley
QUOTE (Hammy @ Mar 22 2006, 09:46 PM)
Chris, i'm a bit confused. What are/do the flare fittings for?

If you want to use Aeroquip braided stainless hoses you need a threaded fitting on the end of the tube.
My guess is if you didn't already know what it was you don't need it. rolleyes.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.