Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Blinker relay
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Brew
Starting last nite, I can hear a relay opening and closing. It sounds like the blinker relay, but both the blinkers and the hazard lites work like they're supposed to.

WTF.gif
fiid
Mine does that too. Everyone always tells me it's a ground fault.

I've spent a lot of time trying to get my harness sorted out - do let me know if you find a solutions.

TROJANMAN
when the lights are on, or always?
Brew
Always, except when the blinkers are on. I keep having to check that the blinkers are actually off.
Brew
And now, it's not doing it today. screwy.gif

Man, you gotta love a car that heals itself. Now if that pesky tranny leak would go away........
gfulcher
Maybe our cars are identical twins: I broke my '72 out of winter storage the other day, and noticed that the blinker relay is not longer rhythmic, but speeds up, slows down.. Doesn't matter if the headlights are on or not.. I'm just going to replace the relay obviously, but would an uneven voltage off of the alternator cause a fluctuation in the frequency of a blinker relay?

Thanks,

-greg-

Tobra
If I understand correctly how a relay works, the rate it cycles would change with voltage, but I am not to sharp on electrical. You can get a relay for a '69-'70 for pretty much any VW for $10 that works fine.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.