Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Car on eBay..... wheels?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ninefourteener
icon8.gif icon8.gif icon8.gif icon8.gif icon8.gif

I'll let you form your own opinions on the car itself.... my question is about the wheels.

Are these Porsche Wheels? If so, I've never seen them before.

If not... how did he convert a 4x130 lug pattern over to a 5x???... whatever that is.

I brought that question up once before.. about buying an adapter that goes from a 4x130 to a 5x110 or 114....... no one makes them. The only adapters I know of are 4x130 to 5x130... but those don't look like wheels Porsche would make???

Did the car have a 5-lug conversion done to it........ then added adapers to fit this wacky looking wheel??

How'd he do this?

Otherwise, I really like the side mirrors icon8.gif

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1976-Porsch...1QQcmdZViewItem
boxstr
Did you try to email the seller?
CCLINASKASNDYESHALLANSWER
Eddie Williams
aktion035.gif I need to get me some of those Delordo carbs!
Andyrew
Seller on ebay will make adapters for anything. under $300

4 lug-> 5lug chevy pattern adapters...

Look it up..

Andrew
Mueller
I'd say adapters.....I know they sell a 4x130 to 5x4.75" (Chevy bolt pattern, in fact someone was selling some in the classifieds a few months ago) and other sizes can be made.........

the size you had been looking for might not be an item that can be bought off the shelf, but I'm sure it could be made.........
Andyrew
And I quote
Wheel Specs:
 P225-15 (225mm across / 15inch diametern Tires)
 5 lug attachments to fit Aftermarket Rims
 Four wheel Disc brakes
ninefourteener
I know... I read the auction..... I was just under the impression that a 4x130 could not be adapted to a 5x110 or 5x114 patter.

Someone on here said that the studs would be too close together... something about there not being enough metal between the studs and the holes, and it would be dangerous to use an adapter that did that, so no one made them. am I correct about that?

I was under the impression that the only safe adapters for our cars were adapters to a 5X130 (because it utilizes an existing stud), or to another 4-lug pattern, because the 4 new studs are placed perpendicularly to the original ones.

Am I correct on this?
Nick Pawloski
When I bought my car the PO included a set of adaptors that were supposedly for an earlier 911. I was shopping for 911 wheels and measured the adaptors just to be safe. They measured out to be 5x120, which is a BMW pattern. I bought a set of 16"x7" Mille Miglia Spiders from a friend for $200, and they look really sharp on the car. Being that it is a Chalon bodied car (forgive me for I have sinned) the offset and wheel width worked out perfectly. I will try to post some pictures later.
I'm not sure where the adaptors came from, they were at least 10 years old, but had never been used. I did have to put them on the lathe at work and bore the mold flash and about .010" out of the ID of the adaptors to get them to fit over the hub on the car.
Andyrew
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Triumph-Whe...1QQcmdZViewItem

Hope that clears up your adapter question..

Mueller
QUOTE (ninefourteener @ Mar 18 2006, 08:29 AM)
Am I correct on this?

yes and no....the main reason you couldn't find the configuration you want, is that YOU are the only one that wants them smile.gif (not saying others wouldn't buy them, but its a real small market)

Supply and demand.....

from an engineering point of view, with a little thought they can be made correctly...the biggest problem with most of the adapters is that people are cheap, so they are drawn to the cheap units sold by jc whitney
Air_Cooled_Nut
barf.gif That car is hideous and over-priced. Someone needs to buy it so they can put the car out of it's misery...by removing some of that crap (like the chrome tach...how many does one really need? ), losing the wing, and more stockish wheel combination. The car has potential...as soon as it leaves its current owner
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.