Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Zambezi Green on Ebay
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
cassidy_bolger
Hi, I am new to the group and shopping for my first 914. I have known for several years that this would be my next car and am finally in a position to buy one. After reading all the books and magazines, I am looking for a 73-74 2.0. No suprise there, eh? I am willing to spend a little more upfront for a car in excellent condition for use as a daily driver (my commute is pretty short). Anyone have an opinion on this car on Ebay? It was a 1.7 originally, but I am not sure if that is a bad thing? Looks to be well sorted. What do people think of the hydraulic lifters?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1973-Porsch...1QQcmdZViewItem

I am in Oregon if anyone has something nearby they are ready to part with.

Thanks.

Cassidy
1982 Toyota 2WD Pickup that I really want to stop driving everyday
montoya 73 2.0
Try www.camp914.com there in Lake Oswego, Oregon.
smooth_eddy
Try www.camp914.com there in Lake Oswego, Oregon.

agree.gif

By the way, your link is broken....

welcome.png
bjorn jacobson
Hi Cassidy,

First of all this car is a 1.7 L not a 2.0. According to the ad it is a 1.7 L rebuilt to 2.0 L. If you are looking for a 2.0 then keep looking, you will find the right car if you are willing to spend some money. Doesn't mean you have to spend a fortune, but it does help that you are willing to pay for a car in excellent condition. If you want a 2 litre car then don't settle for anything less.

Don't get me wrong. The car in the ad looks like a great car. May even be the right car for ya. You won't have to worry about putting a bunch of miles on a car that may be a potential collectors item. You can have a lot of fun with it. You would have to put a couple of bucks into it but probably would be worth it.

Take adventage of the knowledge on this site, it is truly priceless. You'll gain a lot of knowledge that will help you make the right decision when you are ready to make the big purchase.

Good luck,

BJ
cassidy_bolger
Man, I don't even have a car yet and I already broke something?
Oh, I get it:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsche-914...sspagenameZWDVW

Thanks for the advice. I do really want a true 2.0, but don't have a feel yet for how often good cars become available. Sounds like a little patience is in order.

I have been watching the Camp 914 website for a few months, perhaps I'll call them and have a chat.

Appreciate the help.

Cassidy
smooth_eddy
Man, I don't even have a car yet and I already broke something?

Get used to it. Things break frequently on 914's....

Well I like the car. Is the owner a member here? He seems pretty anal, the best kind. It would be interesting to see pics of the hell hole (under the battery) and longitudinal photos. I wonder what the reserve is? More important than finding a true 2 liter is finding one that is not rusting away. Motors can be changed quickly. Rustorations take forever.

Call camp 914. Craig knows all the used cars out there for sale. Eddy

popcorn[1].gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.