Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What parts are still available at the dealer?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Tobra
What sort of stuff can I just run down to the dealer and get? Would they have any body seals, or have they divested themselves of their 914 stock for the most part. I ask, because I am looking for a windshield seal, the one the SLITS deal fell through for.
Joe Bob
What makes you think the dealer would even acknowledge that a 914 is even a Porsche? blink.gif

I can't get parts for my 83 911 at my dealer.....I asked for SC parts once and they asked what year my Mercedes was....

Stoddard or Brumos MIGHT be able to get somethings...
type47
i went to the dealer to get a 8mm x 32mm oil pump mounting stud: NLA.
Allan
I've gone to the dealer here in town and they still have all of the parts in their micro-fich system. What they can actually get is another story. I was able to order the speedo angle drive o-ring.
Tobra
I kind of figured that would be the deal. They stopped with the parts for air cooled VW's at the dealer about 10 or 15 years ago. I bet you could still get lug bolts or other stuff that is not 914 specific. I asked a friend who is the PO and a P-car wrench at Frank's. He said about 10 years ago the local dealer sent out a letter to the local shops and said, clearance sale, all our old stuff. I was poking through one of his storage units and he has boxes of NOS stuff sitting around, only he is not sure exactly what he has. He does have a radiator for a 928 with air conditioning, but that was used. The Fuchs wheels on my car apparently had only been mounted on a car one time for about a week before I got them, or 4 of them anyway
Allan
In addition to the o-ring I bought through the dealer I also asked about new valve adjuster screws. They had them.

At $29.00 a piece.... ohmy.gif
SirAndy
there's quite a few parts the dealer *could* still get for you if they wanted.
most likely, they won't have them in stock, but can order them for you.
thing is, most dealers don't *want* to deal with 35 year old parts/cars ...

i got a brand new relay board for my '70 /4 about 3 years ago from porsche, original box and all ..
cool_shades.gif Andy
736conver
Almost all body seals are back ordered through them.

They still have dashes for about $470 though.
914Sixer
I hate to hear these kind of stories because I am using Hennessey Porsche in Roswell, GA. They have ordered me all kinds of NOS 914-6 parts from the factory. I simply tell them the parts numbers I want and they say right then whether or not they are available.

They have helped me learn that there is only 1 914-6 engine harness left. On the other hand ther is 248 6 wiper motors, 74 914-6 rear emblems, 2 6 dashboard shells, 112 6 GT rear rotors, 78 6 wiper switches and the list goes one.

They will also give a very healthy discount. You never pay retail with these people. Mention my name and tell them I said to call them for parts. These parts guys are very Knowledgeable and Helpful. 914's are not a problem for them. smilie_pokal.gif
ConeDodger
Niello isn't too bad about being helpful. They certainly don't think it isn't a Porsche. In fact they come out to look at my car when I bring it in. Something they don't do when I bring my Boxster and that IS a Porsche right?
They will tell you what they can get and what is NLA. If they can get it PCA guys get a discount.
Rob
Tobra
One more reason to join the PCA
krazykonrad
One thing I've found for old Volvos is go to the dealer with the original part number in hand. Its amazing how searching for part #xxxx will turn up something but asking for the same part by "need a widget for a 71 1800E" turns up NLA or WTF! the 914 parts catalog can be downloaded from porsche.com if you fish long enough.
Konrad
72 914/4
P.S. great to hear about Hennesey. I'll steer my business their way. smilie_pokal.gif
rmital
I needed a "round" air filter for my '73 l.7L - really couldn't get it from any local car parts distrubuters.

Finally called the local Porsche dealer - $56.00
The parts guy at the dealer realized the price was unreasonable and actually gave me the phone number for the place below.

Stable Energies (a local porsche racing mechanic's garage) - $15.00 for the same filter.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.