Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone with photoshop skills...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Andyrew
I cant seem to figure out a front bumper that I like.. I thought about the rennegade bumper for a while, but its designed to be used on a narrow body.. Yes I could easily make it work with my hph flares.. but I think I want to go with something different.

Lets see what you guys can think of.

Crude MS paint works good too guys! I plan on having a hay day with fiberglass tomorrow.. We'll see what I get accomplished..

Heres the requirements.

• Large opening for radiator
  • Provision for license plate, can be at slant (up/down)
  • fog light openings, anywhere
  • Splitter or such, to help airflow into radiator and aerodynamic spoiler for front.
  • use for HPH, Bontempi flares, ie smooth flares

Lets see what you guys can come up with...

Thanks!
lotus_65
can you post a pic of the front of your car and a pic of the renegade you kind of like? this info along with your "requirements" should be enough to get you some really good art.

a project like this is more fun when the research is already done and guesswork is reduced.

paul
mrdezyne
I picked up a 944T front bumper to make fit. I found a fiberglass conversion piece so I will be able to stretch it wider to fit correctly. This is the only pic I have of one on a non-slant 914 but IMO it looks pretty great. There is a member here that owns this car and other pics are out there for a better look..... oh, and splitters are available too....
Allan
Wow, that looks fantastic...
BKLA
Wow, who would have thought a 944 front end would look so good on a 914!?!
army dude
I want one!! wub.gif OOOOH OOOOOH Mr Kotter, Mr Kotter!! w00t.gif w00t.gif How much to ship to Iraq?? idea.gif

Ian in Iraq

51 days till stateside
58 days till I drive

lets see....brake ducts, fog lights, rad opening, oil cooler opening, winch, push bar, canards, curb feelers...thats what I want
SpecialK
That looks TOUGH!! drooley.gif

idea.gif

I've gotta stay away from here, or I'll never get my cars together! headbang.gif
army dude
Hey Andyrew, how about a pic of your flares so I can get an idea what to mate up to. Here is a front end I really like and it can easily be modified. For you, it would be easy. What do ya think?
Ian in Iraq
Andyrew
I dont have a good pic of my car..

but heres the flares

user posted image

heres renegades/fiberworks bumper

user posted image

The 944 piece is a little big for a 914 IMHO. but that car does look awesome..
alpha434
QUOTE (mrdezyne @ Mar 18 2006, 09:31 AM)
I picked up a 944T front bumper to make fit. I found a fiberglass conversion piece so I will be able to stretch it wider to fit correctly. This is the only pic I have of one on a non-slant 914 but IMO it looks pretty great. There is a member here that owns this car and other pics are out there for a better look..... oh, and splitters are available too....

Is it just me, or is there not enough light to really see the bumper in that picture?

bs.gif
I CALL BS ON ALL OF YOU!!!

You can't say something looks cool if you can't even see it! Rule # 283 of 914club rules and regulations.

Andyrew
Alfa... I have 2 944 turbo's in my garage.. I know what those bumpers look like. I look at em every day. biggrin.gif

dont call me bs.

and dont call anyone bs.. Why ARE you calling bs? no one has said anything bs?
alpha434
Dude. You can't see the 944 bumper on that 914. I mean YEAH it's got a GREAT piantjob. Really shiny. And the car looks incredible. BUT (there's a but) You can't see the 944 bumper's features on it. So everyone saying "that bumper looks great on that 914" are assuming it looks good because everything else they see looks good.

It's almost as bad as the renegade bumper pic that everyone has, with the orange car. You can't see the bottom edge of the bumper. And the rest of it looks cool, but you can't see the details on the bumper like you do with that white car.

So I call BS!
Andyrew
fiberwerks/renegade

user posted image

user posted image
alpha434
Everyone has the orange car pic because that is what's on renegade's site. I'm sure that some people have no idea what they really look like when they buy them. And everyone who does has to come here to research them.

But I'm withholding my opinion on the 944 bumper until someone releases a picture in a better light. Fair enough, Andrew?
dry.gif
Andyrew
944 turbo

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Happy? you picky prick?
SirAndy
QUOTE (Andyrew @ Mar 18 2006, 12:24 PM)
fiberwerks/renegade

barf.gif (the bumper, not the rest of the cars) ...
alpha434
944 bumper

Too busy. I don't like it.

What now?

ph34r.gif
Andyrew
QUOTE (SirAndy @ Mar 18 2006, 01:29 PM)
QUOTE (Andyrew @ Mar 18 2006, 12:24 PM)
fiberwerks/renegade

barf.gif (the bumper, not the rest of the cars) ...

I agree andy..

I first liked it.. but now im looking at another option...

Gona cut up my 916 and do whatever I can..

Alfa.. I didnt say I liked it either now did I?
Scott Carlberg
most here called it FUGLY....

Scott Carlberg
and Funky...

seanery
someone here types too much before thinking alfred.gif
Scott Carlberg
and finally, I've got ONE of these, I'd even sell it to YOU! laugh.gif

Scott Carlberg
Oops, ok that wasn't finally...
I *think* from AIR

Andyrew
scott, they are all too square.

I need something with crisp lines, but rounded features. Renegade is almost there.. but it doesnt hit my fancy..

I need to MAKE something.. I've seen all the options.

thats were the designers here would come into play smile.gif
Mueller
QUOTE (alpha434 @ Mar 18 2006, 01:06 PM)

Is it just me, or is there not enough light to really see the bumper in that picture?

bs.gif
I CALL BS ON ALL OF YOU!!!

You can't say something looks cool if you can't even see it! Rule # 283 of 914club rules and regulations.

I have to agree with Alpha on this one......picture too hard to see yet everyone jumping on the bandwagon smile.gif

the clear pictures do look good however....

Scotty, that all white car with the IMSA front bumper has the HPH flares...and in my opinion, the front bumper is way to ugly and does not flow at all with those flares...looks cheap......I remember seeing that car at the swapmeet, someone got a good deal......
Scott Carlberg
QUOTE (Mueller @ Mar 18 2006, 01:15 PM)
Scotty, that all white car with the IMSA front bumper has the HPH flares...and in my opinion, the front bumper is way to ugly and does not flow at all with those flares...looks cheap......I remember seeing that car at the swapmeet, someone got a good deal......

that's why mine is currently Black, tho it was Blue when I bought it from Brad.
Yer right tho, it would be TOO much WHITE
highways
Personally I think Ferdinand Porsche designed the best bumpers, but that's just me. Otherwise... CAD is the program you want, not photoshop. You can also use Rhinoscerous (spelling?) for free, or cheaper.

If you're computer skills or sheeitsu, then try chicken wire and paper mache, or templates and cardboard. Once you get it looking right (long long long process) you could make molds. But mold making is a whole nuther can of pickled sheeitsu. Probably cutting something existing up to tweak it out is the easiest way to actually finish the project.
Andyrew
Highways, i do agree with you. The best look is the stock look, unfortunately I am unable to use that bumper because of the radiator..

Im not familiar with cad programs, but i'll give it a shot..

Andrew
dakotaewing
QUOTE (Andyrew @ Mar 18 2006, 04:29 PM)
Highways, i do agree with you. The best look is the stock look, unfortunately I am unable to use that bumper because of the radiator..

Andrew

Not quite Andrew...
Andyrew
It also doesnt fit with my flares...

Im a complainer... arnt I? biggrin.gif

Seen that one before... very nicely done.
MecGen
WOW

If thats your bumper Thom, THUMBS UP smilie_pokal.gif
The painted trim below the perfect sized cut out, makes it look OEM, not Sawzall sawzall-smiley.gif

+Karma

Later
beer.gif
dakotaewing
QUOTE (Andyrew @ Mar 19 2006, 04:53 AM)
It also doesnt fit with my flares...

Im a complainer... arnt I? biggrin.gif

Seen that one before... very nicely done.

Andyrew -

What do you mean it doesn't work with you flares ???
It is a stock bumper cut from the bottom like a T, the edges are
carefully bent back, support plates are welded in, ground down, filled, shaped, and then rechromed...

No, it is not mine - it belongs to Richard Fischer, who is local to me...
jsteele22

Man, that is a nice job ! Even the flames on the hood have a stock look.
sixnotfour

Eddie914 , bought that car 3400.00, does not have the IMSA bumper anymore.
d914
one pice bumper and valance,,gt
d914
twin turbo 914 with modified air body??
d914
I agree porsche said it best
nomore9one4
Who's kit is this? It is totally awesome. I want one. biggrin.gif
Andyrew
user posted image

That looks clean..

I might modify that one a bit.

Thanks!
SirAndy
QUOTE (boboli914@att.net @ Mar 19 2006, 01:33 PM)

agree.gif for some odd reason, i like that one as well ...

isn't that the guy from brazil?
idea.gif Andy
jd74914
How about something like this one?

Andy, is that the car with the audi engine?
retrotech
Does anyone have better pictures of that spoiler/wing on the rear of the Blue 914, with 944 front bumper?
Mr.C
QUOTE (boboli914@att.net @ Mar 19 2006, 01:33 PM)

With that huge rocker panel I don't see a line for an operational door. Did he cut the door down? I kinda like that kit too. rolleyes.gif
mrdezyne
QUOTE (retrotech @ Mar 19 2006, 08:31 PM)
Does anyone have better pictures of that spoiler/wing on the rear of the Blue 914, with 944 front bumper?

Not much better.....
mrdezyne
nuther...
retrotech
The reason I ask, is I have access to the molds for that spoiler and a few other pieces. I wanted to see if there was enough interest to make some.
nomore9one4
QUOTE (retrotech @ Mar 20 2006, 10:55 AM)
The reason I ask, is I have access to the molds for that spoiler and a few other pieces. I wanted to see if there was enough interest to make some.

That looks alot like the Rayco spoiler. I would think it would be a good seller!
andys
QUOTE (mrdezyne @ Mar 20 2006, 10:21 AM)
nuther...

Regarding the blue car with the 944 (actually 951) front; this is the one photo angle where it looks a little weird for the car, IMO. In the rest of the photo's, it really looks quite good. I suspect this is the kind of thing that needs to be seen in person. Perhaps someone here has seen it? Rennspeed sells an f'glass part that could be modified to fit. I called around regarding this part which apparently Rennegade had made sometime back to fit the 914. I seem to recall that they didn't sell very well, and the mold was eventually destroyed. I seem to recall that the headlights are from a late model Chevy pickup.

Andys
Scott Carlberg
Audi 1.8t powered Racecar, somewhere back East, New Jersey maybe?

Mueller
QUOTE (Scott Carlberg @ Mar 20 2006, 12:29 PM)
Audi 1.8t powered Racecar, somewhere back East, New Jersey maybe?

sweet....the car is missing a Coke decal beer3.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.