Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: NPC-Got the Turbo running, yee haw!!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Bleyseng
Well, we got the Mazda turbo2 running and Sheeeet is it fast! If you can hang on and keep the wheels hooked up you get to 80 mph before you can blink!
I felt like Hans Solo going into to Hyperdrive when the car goes into Boost you take the Fu*k off!!.

This would make a fun conversion motor for a 914!

HeyBrad ya listening!! Maybe when you come up we'll have it running even better so you can drive it.

Geoff
tat2dphreak
Rotary?

Rx-7s are scary fast...

how did the old song go?"... telephone poles look lik a picket fence"
Bleyseng
Its been dyno'd at 330hp soo yeah its scary fast!! Its tame as a kitten if you idle around on the streets but once it hits boost, Holy Shit!! Much faster than the 3.2L I drove recently but the 3.2L is much more user friendly. You can barely keep this thing on the road, the tailend just wants to spin and go sideways. Yikes, so then you grab another gear and really take off!

Geoff
Scott Carlberg
Geoff,
what car/engine are you talking about?

Please esplain yourself!
Bleyseng
I think the Mazda RX7 is a 89 with a 91 Turbo2 engine. There are some pics posted last week of it.

The 3.2L is a 914 I drove this summer for a PPI for someone. Its a yellow 914/6 conversion street/track car. Still for sale too.
Bleyseng
ljlkjlksa
NickC
Scott,

He's talking about a second generation turbo RX7 with the rotary. Very potent motors in the right hands...

As far as the 914+rotary combo, I plan to do just that with my E-mod car. A class with a 1500lb weight limit no less... w00t.gif

Nick
Bleyseng
What are you using for tires? 10 inch ones in the back to keep it hooked up?

Geoff
NickC
Probably 10" slicks all around, maybe even 11's on the back if they'll fit.

I'm looking at a stock intercooler on that thing, how the hell did you dyno @ 330??
Bleyseng
Has a aftermarket turbo (bigger) and big injectors too (725's). Bunch of other mods Blair knows about.

Geoff
Eric Taylor
Who's teener in the backround? Looks nice.
Eric
Bleyseng
Joe Shapiro's 73 2.0L. He came over to help with my tranny gear swap. He ended up just washing his car before he had to leave.

Geoff
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.