Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Free computer to computer calling
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Joe Bob
www.skype.com

Just talked to my bud in Japan for zip....nada....zero bucks.
McMark
Mike, think of all the poor starving phone company employees you just screwed.

I remember playing with computer to computer phone calls (Or VoIP if you're a NERD) back in 1997. It sucked back then. dry.gif
Twystd1
Been Skyping for a year......

Have headset will travel...

It rocks.....

Twystd1
Joe Bob
Yeah Mark....me and only me signing up will put 20 phone company employees on the street..... dry.gif

The top 5 hated companies?

Phone Company
Cable Company
Electric/Gas Company
ANY Insurance Company
HMOs

Cry me a river.....
Elliot_Cannon
Friends at work use Skype a lot. I had a co-pilot that used it to call home and he had a camera on top of his lap top and he also had one on his computer at home so he could video conference with his kids. Pretty cool stuff. And really cheap.
Elliot
ThinAir
Yup. The latest beta of Skype's Windows client includes video. We use it 2-3 times a week to talk with our daughter's family and see our 2 year old grandson run around the house. It's great!
r_towle
FYI...Ebay bought scype.

Rich
anthony
I've been using Googletalk a lot. Same thing plus IM/chat.
Joe Bob
QUOTE (r_towle @ Mar 19 2006, 08:56 AM)
FYI...Ebay bought scype.

Rich

yep...I figured as such...they have an intimate relationship with paypal to pay for the landline calls....really cheap, but it still costs for that part.
Hawktel
I use AIM/Yahoo messenger/Msn Messenger. All them bundled together in trillian.

For me a turning point is when AIM made it so you can send a text message to any phone, but just adding a +1(number).

I use it all the time now. I taught my father how to text and we talk all day now. My GF's company is a backwards place that doesn't let them use IM software, so she bought a Text phone (its got a keyboard) and she uses it to talk to me all day long.

We ditched our land lines in 2003. I haven't paid a cent to a land line phone company sence that time. The only way I would go back to paying them is if we moved to a place that didn't have cable but had DSL.
wbergtho
Hey guys, this is a bit OT but do you know if i can get replacement parts for my Cat Cariier? Seems I cranked the "ass plunger" part a wee bit too hard and the handle snapped off. confused24.gif av-943.gif
Joe Bob
My cats...actually the cats belong to the kids but I feed the bastards, clawed up my seats in the Speedster.....they needed re-upholstery but not really bad....now it's bad....fuching furballs....
Midtowner
Yup, Skype is gud. Four of my buddies have new Macs and broadband Internet connections. We now use Apple's iSight camera with iChat AV over AIM to hold free video conferences in one 'virtual room'. And, two of us are located in South Korea! This IP-based stuff rocks! biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.