Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gauge Lighting Just Quit Working
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
vesnyder
OK, ny upgrade was going well, but I've run into some issue - one is that my interior gauge lights just quit working? The weird this is that I have some console lights that take the feed from the middle console ( for the heater indicator) and they are out as well? The fuses seem to all be OK - there isnt't a relay that controls these, is there? Any chance that the light switch has gone bad so that it turns off the gauge lights? Any ideas are appreciated!

Thanks in advance!
Toast
I would replace the fuses anyway, clean the contacts and check the wiring going to those fuses to make sure they are secure.

Sounds like a fuse issue to me. unsure.gif
Rand
fuses seem to all be OK

Seem to be ok? I'm sure this is just semantics and no guesswork is involved... But just in case you are not absolutely certain the fuses are good, be sure and test with a ohmmeter/continuity tester.
drive-ability
Just like most older systems there is a rheostat in-bedded in the headlight switch. They are parts which move against each-other and tend to degrade. If you can get behind the switch and probe the circuits with a test light, one should while probed via the test light brighten and dim as the dash gages do. If you can't find one which acts like that the switch is likely skewed. Of course if you have a wiring diagram you would know the correct circuit to test first. Much easier said than done. smash.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.