Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 911 headers on 914-6
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
thesey914
Has anyone run this type swapped 180 with an extension pipe, or will they foul the firewall?
Friend of mine has changed to SS and has these spare
(not my photo)
ArtechnikA
i seem to recall an issue with the flanges being wrong if they're flipped. they can be cut and rewelded but that cuts into the percieved cost savings. i can't say for sure other than if it were easy, everyone would be doing it. so check the flange issue and pls correct me if i'm wrong.

i think you oughtta leave 'em alone and run external sidepipes :-) ...
IronHillRestorations
I believe they are too wide, and won't fit.
ClayPerrine
You already have to trim the turbo lower valve covers to clear the control arm mounting ear. Those are going to run into the control arm mounting ear.

dimitri
If you mount them with collector pipe on the inside, facing center of
engine, it should work. Mounted on the outside, collector pipe will interfere
with rear suspension. Dimitri
Kerrys914
QUOTE (ClayPerrine @ Mar 19 2006, 11:15 AM)
You already have to trim the turbo lower valve covers to clear the control arm mounting ear. Those are going to run into the control arm mounting ear.

ohmy.gif Maybe I better look at mine ohmy.gif

I have turbo covers (it's faster now) and don't reall doing this? Is this 100% or most of the time deal??

Cheers
ClayPerrine
QUOTE (Kerrys914 @ Mar 20 2006, 03:48 PM)
QUOTE (ClayPerrine @ Mar 19 2006, 11:15 AM)

ohmy.gif Maybe I better look at mine ohmy.gif

I have turbo covers (it's faster now) and don't reall doing this? Is this 100% or most of the time deal??

Cheers

You can install them without trimming them, provided the engine is out of the car. If you put them in without trimming them, you will be pulling the engine for the first valve adjustment. There is no room to get them off without trimming the ribs on the back.

Joe Bob
You will also need an extension(s)....remember all 911s have short pipes...like the drivers... dry.gif
Sparky
Even if you cut the flanges and flip 180 wont the collecters then be right under the push rod tubes? ohmy.gif
Cap'n Krusty
And then there's the question of what kind of pushrods to use in those tubes .................... The Cap'n
Eric_Shea
remember all 911s have short pipes...like the drivers...  

How's that little white and red thingy of yours running these days? biggrin.gif

That's a cab right? (talk about an estrogen induced stubby-mobile...) You letting the Mrs. drive it now? lol3.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE (Sparky @ Mar 20 2006, 05:20 PM)
Even if you cut the flanges and flip 180 wont the collecters then be right under the push rod tubes?

push rod tubes ??? unsure.gif
Kerrys914
Thanks Clay wink.gif Haven't done a valve adjustment yet with the engine IN smash.gif
Sparky
QUOTE (Sparky @ Mar 20 2006, 08:20 PM)
Even if you cut the flanges and flip 180 wont the collecters then be right under the push rod tubes? ohmy.gif

Doooh man I picked the wrong day to give up coffee...

Oil return tubes, push rod tubes, them there tubey things between the head and the case blink.gif .
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.