Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sorta OT
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Dead Air
Hi,
I'm sorry for posting a Toyota Truck question here but the guys at the Toyota Forum weren't much help. I suppose it's the same for any vehicle though.
A Sherriff pulled me over the other night and informed me I had no tail lights. My dash lights are out, too. When I turn on the parking light switch, the fuse blows.
I tore out all the funky U-Haul trailer wiring and did visual inspection of the plugs, wires, sockets, etc. and "cleaned everything up. To no avail.
I also took apart the steering column cover and did a visual on the wires therein. Everything looked normal.
There's a plug under the passenger seat (going to the back of the truck) I undid and I'm still blowing fuses. Can I assume that the problem is forward of that plug? Will getting a curcuit tester and checking each wire one-by-one tell my where the fault is?
This really is driving me crazy. I've got 6 hours into it and I'm no closer now than I was before.
confused24.gif
Dead Air
icon_bump.gif
bd1308
Okay, if you have a dual-light bulb thing, and you place a single-circuit bulb in that spot, it'll do all sorts of wierd stuff...Look out for that.

b
nomore9one4
QUOTE (bd1308 @ Mar 20 2006, 06:42 AM)
Okay, if you have a dual-light bulb thing, and you place a single-circuit bulb in that spot, it'll do all sorts of wierd stuff...Look out for that.

b

Are you depriving yourself of sleep again? confused24.gif
bd1308
why would you say that?

Hey it makes sense to me....

b
toon1
my Dodge has a fuse box under the hood, not sure if yours has it. I had the same happen to me. Ie was a blown fuse from faulty trailer wiring.
nomore9one4
I had a Dodge that had this really weird short. It ended up being a gum wrapper in the cigarette lighter. confused24.gif
nomore9one4
QUOTE (bd1308 @ Mar 20 2006, 06:53 AM)
why would you say that?

Hey it makes sense to me....

b

j/k laugh.gif
Dead Air
I took it to my mechanic, he had a cool thing that was a (auto) 20 amp curcuit breaker with two leads. You plug that in to find the short. We plugged it in replacing the fuse. It didn't blow. I mentioned to him that I didn't have any dash light either.
He said the dimmers for the dash light go bad sometimes. I unplugged the rio-stat and now all my lights work, except for the dash lights. He says a "jumper" will give me full on dash lights but that new dimmers only cost about $20.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.