Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Lug Bolts on e-bay
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
pfierb
Any body ever do business with a guy named TheAndante and the quality of the chrome lug bolts he sells on e-bay for $40.00 a set of 16? ....seems kind of a cheap price.
ebay item #8046625123
Paul F.
Gint
I'm not touchin that...

You're likely to get a lot of responses judging from past experience. rolleyes.gif Including a thread that started a few days ago and probably still on the first page of the garage forum.

Do a search for "thendante" on this forum.
Joe Bob
Runaway.... dead horse.gif
double-a
btdt. i would suggest you inqure about two things prior to bidding: does the ball seat of the new chrome bolts exactly match the ball seat of the oem factory long bolts, and is there a "satisfaction guaranteed" policy.

that's all i'm a-gonna say.

~a
porschecb
I bought a set from him. A little slow on shipping but a good deal. I think he has learned.
ConeDodger
QUOTE (double-a @ Mar 19 2006, 03:00 PM)
btdt. i would suggest you inqure about two things prior to bidding: does the ball seat of the new chrome bolts exactly match the ball seat of the oem factory long bolts, and is there a "satisfaction guaranteed" policy.

that's all i'm a-gonna say.

~a

The ball seat is not a match. Once again, I am staying away from the satifaction portion of this. But speaking strictly on the product the ball seat does not match.
Rob
pfierb
Guess I'll pass on these bolts.....Thanks all for your input.

Paul F.
Tobra
QUOTE (porschecb @ Mar 19 2006, 03:06 PM)
I bought a set from him. A little slow on shipping but a good deal. I think he has learned.

Maybe he just heard that you have the power to control the weather and it made him scared. It has been beautiful out all weekend, you really have to show me how you do that.
porschecb
Why doe's my foot still hurt! It wakes me up in the middle of sleep!
ChrisFix
I bought a set a long time ago, and you're right, the ball seat does not match the OEM bolts, it is much rounder than it should be. I had a short email exchange and was told that there was nothing wrong....not worth the trouble.
ConeDodger
QUOTE (ChrisFix @ Mar 19 2006, 07:30 PM)
I bought a set a long time ago, and you're right, the ball seat does not match the OEM bolts, it is much rounder than it should be. I had a short email exchange and was told that there was nothing wrong....not worth the trouble.

Thank whatever gods you subscribe to that you had a short email exchange. Throw the lugnuts away and be done with it. A lesson learned. Never buy anything from the basement of the Alamo...
ConeDodger
QUOTE (porschecb @ Mar 19 2006, 05:19 PM)
Why doe's my foot still hurt! It wakes me up in the middle of sleep!

Michael, Toby is actually a proctologist. You didn't go to him for your foot did you?

Seriously sorry to hear you're hurting. We need a Saturday at the Palm...
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif
I found this guy from a add in the latest issue of 9 magazine . 2 ed to the last page, http://www.boothedesign.com/. Ordered set,and soft socket.corect ball,quality of chrome is great ,and the head size is stock 19 mm,most others are 17 mm
just my 2 cents Dave slap.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE (BarberDave @ Mar 20 2006, 03:08 AM)
smilie_pokal.gif
I found this guy from a add in the latest issue of 9 magazine . 2 ed to the last page, http://www.boothedesign.com/. Ordered set,and soft socket.corect ball,quality of chrome is great ,and the head size is stock 19 mm,most others are 17 mm

Yes Boothe is very high quality. I love his 2 liter Fuch center caps. He has some great stuff. Pricey but I suppose we should be glad that someone reputable with good product is even out there...
pfierb
QUOTE (BarberDave @ Mar 20 2006, 07:08 AM)
smilie_pokal.gif

Sent him an e-mail today... pricey but looks like good stuff

Thanks Paul F.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.