Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: on topic by the date: Happy 9/11
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
redshift
I just wanted to take a moment to remember the 3025 people, just don't forget why we should be burning the Earth. They took away my life, changed it all.

I don't care anymore, I don't have a heart, just the will to watch them burn.

Miles
Bleyseng
I just don't know how to reply to a post like this.

I will remember those today who perished in the 9/11 disaster.

I also will try not to let my anger at this act ruin my life, then I will be just like those who did it.

I will remember Karl, Susan and Hunter, Dave and Kori and the kids.

Geoff
Bruce Allert
agree.gif

I will be lowering OUR flag to half mast on the Guide Dog Campus along with a posting of writings found at various places in New York City. God Bless those that went down with the Towers. God Bless those that made it......
bruce
TimT
I lost friends on that day.. saw them come down from a bridge I was working on, a few miles from the WTC. Felt the shockwave when the first came down, sat numb and in silence most of the rest of the day. A normaly boisterous construction crew reduced to silence. something Ill never forget.
Qarl
Thanks Geoff.

We passed out memorial pins to our staff and some observed a moment of silence.

I've been depressed the last few days. 9/11/01 partly played into it.

Last night and today were kind of solemn for me. I remember this day two years ago. While I only watched it live on TV, it is still haunting to think that this really happened. It's almost surreal.

And let's not forget our soldiers who defend our country,and the fireman, policeman, rescue workers, rescue dogs, doctors, and nurses that helped and sacrificied on that day and the days after.

God bless those that lost a loved one, friend, or family member on this day in New York, Washington, and Pennsylvania.

We all have our personal pains and daily struggles. We all have our own battles. I sometimes get caught up in my own problems too much and it gets to me more than it should.

This "group" is my salvation, my therapy, and my escape. The same for my car. It's MY project, my goal, my dream. I consider you all my friends and enjoy your virtual companionship and contribution. We can get a bit rowdy at times, but it's all in fun, and if we get pissed off, as long as we forgive and forget, then it's okay.

It's the pent up anger that causes people to do irrational things... like what happened two years ago today.

Regards,

Karl
need4speed
God bless those who died on that day. flag.gif

. . . and curse the hypocrites who use the memory of the dead for their own political or financial gain.
GWN7
343 of my brother firefighters lost their lives this day, two years ago.

Today was a very somber day on duty, while we remembered their loss and the other 2,000 victims.
StratPlayer
My heart goes out to all who have lost loved ones
Katmanken
God bless those at the Pentagon too.

I was there a week after the attack and spent much time on the top floor of my hotel watching the recovery crews dig out the rubble and bodies. ATF crews filled most of the hotel and they were responsible for recovering the bodies. One night, an ATF guy climbed in the the elevator with me. When asked "how is it over there?". he replied Rough!" I will never forget the look on his face.

He then said "We WILL get the bastards".

When I left DC, there were American flags hung on every overpass. These flags were handmade by gradeschool kids and were quite a sight to see.

After two years, the ATF guy was right. We may have lost 3025 souls, but we have regained a nation.

As a child I grew up in a military household. Never forget that freedom has a price.

Miles, I sense that there may have been a personal tragedy in the events of two years ago. I wish you peace.

Ken
Jeff Bonanno
can't watch anymore of this on tv tonight. i was there too TimT. gf was watching from brooklyn and i was on the way to work in the subway.

i have alot of nyc firefighter friends - gotta go with miles' sentiment.

jbb
Brad Roberts
The memories are very clear for me. My mom called me and told me that the WTC's had been hit (I was asleep on the west cost) she is in Indy. Lyressa (my wife) was on vacation on a house boat on some remote Oklahoma lake. I think I turned the TV on just in time to watch as the second plane hit the second tower... I tried and tried to call Lyressa.. I knew they had NO radio and NO TV out on the lake (her and her family spend 2 weeks a year together on vacation). I finally got a hold of her on her cell and let them know what was going on. It was a pretty sick feeling for me at that moment not knowing what else might happen and not being with her when all this was going down. I seriously thought it wasnt over.. and we would be hit in different area's of the US.

The only person I know who should have died... moved to NYC 5 days prior to the event. He was supposed to start work the week of the 11th. He was in WTC1 for some paperwork on the 10th and decided to skip work on the 11th because of a pet issue. He lived (they moved) about 1/2 mile from the site... Scary indeed. He should have been in the building with his new partners...

B
SirAndy
shannons step-mother had her office in one of the towers.
she was at a (offsite) meeting when the planes hit.

talk about being at the right place at the right moment.
it took us all day to finally get her (or someone else) on the phone to confirm that she was OK...

Andy
fiid
A friend of mine was supposed to go to a breakfast in the reastaurant at the top of one of the towers on 9/11. His ticket got lost in the mail.

Another friend was on his way to the towers on the subway when the first plane hit. He decided to back to our company's office instead of into the WTC.

The morning of 9/11 I was woken by my radio tuned to NPR. My girlfriend and I were immediately struck by what had happened and rushed to the living room to turn on CNN. We turned on about 5 minutes before the second plane hit.

The footage still brings tears to my eyes. We will never forget.

I hope there is never again a day like 9/11/01.

Fiid.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.