Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Summit Point race track!!!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JPB
I'd like to race 914 stock and just get my feet wet. I know that a stock 914 is on the bottom of the track food chain and most would say, "get a six and burn some rubber!" The track is about two hours from me in WV and if all goes well after all the prep/education to get qualified, I might go crazy with it. We don't seem to have many members into it here as I have seen, could be wrong, and would like all the info I can get. popcorn[1].gif
TimT
Summit Point is a great track, or tracks really. There are three tracks at the Summit Point complex, Jefferson Circuit, Shenandoah, and the big track. Also incorporated into one of the tracks is a skid pad.

Ive been to Summit 5 times, The big track is great has a super long straight that suits high powered cars. The other two tracks are more technical and slower.

On fridays they have FAT (fridays at the track) which is open track. I think you need a valid race license to get in though.

If Summit wasnt 6 hours from where I live, Id spend more time there

ChrisFoley
QUOTE (JPB @ Mar 19 2006, 04:55 PM)
We don't seem to have many members into it here as I have seen

I did an SCCA National there last April. It was my 4th time racing there in 10 years (2 - SCCA, 2 - PCA). I too would go more often if it was closer, but its a good 8 hours drive for me towing.
I met Grasshopper and his dad there last year. Sorry I won't be able to go again this year.
brant
I'd recommend you contact an organization that uses it... Like PCA.
then get some DE experience.

you'll love it.
brant
type47
summit is about 85 minutes west of me. there is a web site of mostly 911 guys from the DC area called dorkiphus.com and on that site, there are some videos taken by drivers participating in DE's at SP.
JPB
Cool deal and thanks for the info. It realy is a nice set of tracks and am happy that you all have been there. Once the beast is ready, I'll go visit for real and look into getting some classes in and attend a couple of events.......ya know the newbie drill.
crash914
Summit point is a great track!

I used to work there during the 80's and the trans-am races...

I haven't driven the track yet though...let me know when you are going and I will try also...

I can't wait to get back on some of the local tracks....summit and VIR, these are known as very good tracks..

If you ever get a chance, try Mt. Tremblant.. another great track...

herb
type47
pca potomac holds a club race there in early oct. see their site pcapotomac.org
JPB
Cool and great stuff! Hope to see ya there when the chance comes. My car is getting ready for paint right now. I will use this 71 for amasing parts for the racer. mueba.gif
bernbomb914
Did some car testing with the super Vees back in 1976 with Howdy holmes to set up a new car.

Bernie
anderssj
There's a driver's school that uses the track off and on during the season--http://www.bsr-inc.com/RDS.HTM

From their website:

"BSR's programs are operated at the Summit Point Raceway, a two-mile, ten turn, 30-foot wide asphalt road racing circuit, or the Jefferson Circuit, a 1.1 mile, seven turn, road course. It incorporates turns of varying radii and mild elevation changes. It is the premier road racing circuit in the mid-atlantic states, hosting a wide selection of motorsport events."

Our "adopted son" recently transferred from US Border Patrol to DEA; apparently the DEA school at Quantico also uses Summit Point for training.

There's usually a vintage weekend in the fall too . . .
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.