Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: fg bumpers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Gearhead1432
Okay, I have a '72 with hammered bumpers so I need to replace them. I'm looking at getting fiberglass ones that are the same shape as the stock bumpers. The only source I can find for these is Autoatlanta. Are there any other bussinesses out there makeing these?

Finding good chrome 72 bumpers seems to be near imposible. Have any ideas?

I happen to realy like the look of the whole bumper color matched to the rest of the body, like unto the 916s. I considered the 916 fg bumpers but I don't think it would look right without flares, and that is something I don't realy have the time do.

A little back info; I havn't been on the site for a while because I've been at Airforce BMT (Lackland AFB, TX). I'm trying to get my 914 project done by remote (my 914 is in Boise,ID) . A relative will be doing so work on it for me while I'm in airforce tech school but I need to source some of these parts. Hopefully I can get it painted by the time my classes are all over.

Thanks,

Rob

race914
Rennspeed makes 'stock' fiberglass bumpers

So does GT Racing

There are others too that I'm sure others will offer up.

I like the color matching bumpers too!

Rand
My car budget is tight, so I'm holding out for a bargain on a used bumper and am willing to do some patching, repair, fabbing. etc.

If I had to buy a new bumper I would go with Rennspd because I think it's probably the best bang for buck - but expect it will take some work to make it fit well.

If you want a bolt-on solution with the least fitment work, go straight to Getty.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.