Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: got another 914 today
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
grasshopper
well, today i went an picked up another car. It is the beck 914 talked about in this thread. It was a nice looking car originally like in this pic. I like it wub.gif
EDIT: This is not the same car. I originally thought it was, but I recently found out different. This car was built by Randy Beck In California, and was then turned into the racecar lower on the page. It was sold to a woman on the east coast, and hasn't been seen since. My car was build by Dave Beck, a Brother of Randy. around 1995 it was in its prime. It had a 2.7, a getty design dash, a autopower roll bar, and other small mods.
grasshopper
then it looked like this... shit slantnose job on the front dead horse.gif
grasshopper
now it looks like this. Picking it up in Orlando
grasshopper
now back safe at home
grasshopper
front
jd74914
Just out of curiousity does it still have the engine mounts in it?
grasshopper
OMG!!! WTF!!! the PO before the PO before the PO before the PO did this fancy work to fit nissan 300Z headlights in it..... I have a donor car, so I am going to fix everything back from a slant nose.... I will get more pics tomorrow... No engine.... no electical...nothing really except the suspension.... but its nice. 911S front brakes, boge shocks, 21mm swaybar, in the rear 914-6 rear calipers and E-brake, boge shocks not sure about the springs.... rear swaybar minus the droplinks.... also has the 914-6GT chassis reinforcements welded in.... and the best part of all....NO RUST!!!!! clap56.gif ....At least that is visable ph34r.gif Ill get some more pics tomorrow. Later!! cool.gif
grasshopper
might want to add the pic rolleyes.gif
grasshopper
QUOTE (jd74914 @ Mar 19 2006, 06:23 PM)
Just out of curiousity does it still have the engine mounts in it?

nope, the PO before the PO sold it. It had a patrick motorsports mount in it. When that was sold, the oil tank was sold, the Gotti wheels were sold... just about everything...
Aaron Cox
show me these "911s" brakes...

are they aluminum? and do they have the external line ocnnecting each caliper half?

grasshopper
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Mar 19 2006, 06:47 PM)
show me these "911s" brakes...

are they aluminum? and do they have the external line ocnnecting each caliper half?

sorry, dont have any pics now.... i'll get some tomorrow...that is was in an old ad on the club about the car.... I didn't get a good look at them... I didn't see an external line connecting each caliper half though...
Trekkor
Nice project.

Tell us what you would *like* to do. rolleyes.gif

KT
grasshopper
QUOTE (trekkor @ Mar 19 2006, 06:55 PM)
Nice project.

Tell us what you would *like* to do. rolleyes.gif

KT

well, since there arn't many parts.... I am thinking about using it mostly as a highschool driver/AX car.... might put a 3.2 back in it....I want it to look like the car in the first pic... but not a very expensive interior...racing seats.... not much on the dash... nothing in the trunks...except mabey a front mounted oil cooler..... It will still be determined.... biggrin.gif
sixnotfour
agree.gif
great start
calipers could be iron "A" S calipers.
URY914
What a long strange trip its been...

I took the second two pictures of it about 5-6 years ago in Tampa.
Nice to see its found a home.

Paul
grasshopper
QUOTE (URY914 @ Mar 19 2006, 06:59 PM)
What a long strange trip its been...

I took the second two pictures of it about 5-6 years ago in Tampa.
Nice to see its found a home.

Paul

do you know any other history on the car??? I think this is the same car.... from the "1999 Downtown LA Motors PRO Series LA Street Race" Randy Beck drove it then....
Lou W
Barry, Great find, I'm looking forward to watching this rebuild. smile.gif
URY914
When I took the pictures, Randy Beck was working at Dave White Autosports in Tampa. TC Davis (carr914 here) bought the car and a bunch of loose parts boxes and sold off what he could. TC must have sold it to the person you bought it from.

Thats the first time I've seen that racing picture. I didn't know it was a race car once.
nomore9one4
clap56.gif Great find. That is gonna be one nice ride!!! chowtime.gif
nomore9one4
Did we see this car in the background of a photo that was recently posted here? It looks very familiar confused24.gif I really like that kit! shocked[1].gif
grasshopper
went back out and took some more pics today. I was really pleased with the little amount of rust. Just for Aaron... heres the front suspension. they arn't aluminum..... After looking at them... they look alot like the brakes from 911T vented rotors.... probably M calipers... how do I tell if they are A calipers?? BIG swaybar up front.... dont know the size but it is a hell of alot bigger than the stock on I have.... adjustable droplinks to..
grasshopper
another of the brake
grasshopper
nice swaybar instillation...not all chopped up... should I weld the mounts in??? havn't these torn the body when just bolted in??
grasshopper
now to the body.... A lot of work to do in the front... ar15.gif sawzall-smiley.gif welder.gif
grasshopper
WTF.gif ar15.gif
grasshopper
floors are nice and solid.... dont look it though
grasshopper
the only area that might cause some problems is under the pedals ohmy.gif looks worse than it really is....or does it??? beer3.gif
grasshopper
PO did some nice welds to fix up the lower firewall smile.gif
grasshopper
Rear trunk is all nice and solid smilie_pokal.gif
grasshopper
HELL HOLE ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif cool_shades.gif only one hole. All the rest has already been welded up clap56.gif
grasshopper
Drivers side long. Nice and solid smiley_notworthy.gif
grasshopper
what the f*ck is going on here?? drivers side rear inner wheel well.... It is cracked all the way through.... ohmy.gif
grasshopper
found some rust in the front cowel..did i spell that right?? PO welded up the seal channel.... Before
grasshopper
after some picking ph34r.gif
grasshopper
after cutting it all out....
grasshopper
dremel finally broke after about 12 years... so i didn't get to fit the patch to it.... I needed a new one anyway.... before the dremel broke I got another place done.... Before
grasshopper
Cut out
grasshopper
patch made and in place. Just needs to be welded now welder.gif
grasshopper
had to do this biggrin.gif ... thats all for now
richardmosselman
Holey Cow! Does anyone else see a face in that rust hole above the door handle indent? SPOOKY!!! Gonna be an interesting rebuild.
grasshopper
QUOTE (richardmosselman @ Mar 20 2006, 07:28 PM)
Holey Cow! Does anyone else see a face in that rust hole above the door handle indent? SPOOKY!!! Gonna be an interesting rebuild.

just realized that too... pretty wierd screwy.gif
Lou W
I'll be watching this one. smilie_pokal.gif
McMark
MORE PICTURES OF THE CRACK IN THE CHASSIS!

Did I emphasis that enough? wink.gif

I'd like to see what it looks like from the other side. I'd love to see about 10 more shots of that. And maybe if you're feeling motivated, undo the shock top nut and let the suspension hang down out of the way to take more pictures. biggrin.gif
stock93
Barry it was good to meet you and your dad. You definately have a big project. Just remember all it takes is time, sweat, and money.

John
Andyrew
Yes more chassis crack pics..

Does reinforce that the car was used for racing..

but why did it crack THERE....
dweymer
clap56.gif Barry you have already done more work on it than I did in 4 months. Keep the progress up, and pics, more pics.

D
grasshopper
well I'm not having a good day today.... first, my one year old digital camera broke today...piece of shit dry.gif .... Then while welding in those patches I showed yesterday.... the two year old welder fried headbang.gif broke the dremel yesterday.... I really feel the need to go break something else right now finger.gif I checked out that crack again today.... It does go through, but just slightly... there is some twist in it too... ar15.gif kinda looks like someone hit it with a hammer to fit a bigger tire under there...same on the other side, except there is no crack there... I also cut off all the slant nose crap on the drivers side today... I dont have school tomorrow, so I hope to get the parts cut off the donor car tomorrow....cant weld it though... it broke ar15.gif
P.S. Nice to meet you John and donnie smile.gif If I am back down there in the near future, we will have to get together. Thats todays update beer.gif
fiid
That's a nice technique for doing a patch - cut the patch, then spray over the patch and cut out to the paintmark. Never seen that before. Bone dead obvious once one thinks about it eh?

smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif
grasshopper
QUOTE (fiid @ Mar 21 2006, 09:15 PM)
That's a nice technique for doing a patch - cut the patch, then spray over the patch and cut out to the paintmark. Never seen that before. Bone dead obvious once one thinks about it eh?

smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif

rolleyes.gif took me a while to figure that out... I had always been cutting the hole first, and then trying to make a patch to fit the hole... never worked out that good... I found that this makes for a perfect patch smile.gif
majkos
Awsome of an idea to make the perfct patch!! smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif

I feel so silly headbang.gif

Thanks for sharing this vauable trick!!! smoke.gif clap56.gif pray.gif aktion035.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.