Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Megasquirt MAP pickup
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
yarin
Where did you guys connect your MAP sensor for megasquirt? The throttle body has two ports, but one appears to be blocked by the throttle body at idle and the other is above the throttle plate. Did you guys just adapt to one of the extra nipples(decel valve) off the intake plenum?

What about my adjustable manifold referenced fuel pressure regulator? Is there a stock port to connect to?

Thanks
gklinger
I pulled mine off the port the stock MPS is hooked up to on the plenum. Made up a Y connector to hook up both hoses. I'm pretty sure you don't want to use the throttle body ports.
I'm using the 1.7 plenum tho, so I'm no help which port that is on the 2.0. confused24.gif
Mueller
I'm using a port on the plenum......
DNHunt
Port on the plenum. I tried the ports on the throttle body and they gave MAP readings that were either idle or WOT. Anyway they didn't work for me. Also I have a fuel filter in the line which evens out the flucuations in air pressure. Keep that in mind if it jumps around.

Dave
yarin
Thanks guys! My goal is to power up the system in the car and start configuring by April fools.

Once it's all done i'll post tons of pics and info on the installation. So far its looking really nice biggrin.gif
DNHunt
Yarin

What chip and version of the code are you running? I can post some screen shots of my settings if you are using MS extra. Or I can send the .msq file as an attachment in an Email. That could save you a little time. Funny as it sounds when i first started my original install I used the settings in the default program. It started with info from a SBC. It didn't run well but it got going long enough to start tuning.

Dave
yarin
QUOTE (DNHunt @ Mar 20 2006, 07:02 AM)
Yarin

What chip and version of the code are you running? I can post some screen shots of my settings if you are using MS extra. Or I can send the .msq file as an attachment in an Email. That could save you a little time. Funny as it sounds when i first started my original install I used the settings in the default program. It started with info from a SBC. It didn't run well but it got going long enough to start tuning.

Dave

Hey Dave,

MS II V.3.0.

Screen shots would be very helpful!.msq files, even better. I'll start with fuel only then add spark (direct ignition driver) soon after.

Thanks
DNHunt
I'll send you what I have but it is MS 1 so I don't know how helpful it will be. I haven't looked at the MS II stuff yet. I know this my .msq will not run on your chip. Some values will help you like the required fuel, injector opening and the injector firing. The fuel map probably will get it started. You certainly will have to tune the PWM as MS II uses a different flyback circuit.

Dave
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.