Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: One fix leads to
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
BenNC
OK, so I've got good connection all the way to the starter. Turns like a champ now.

However, now I'm not getting spark. As part of this exercise I burned up my Pertronix and had to put the points back in. There's a little braided copper wire in the distributor that is attached to the breaker plate on one end and air on the other. I'm guessing that this is the ground wired described in a PP tech article for ignition troubleshooting.

Where does this need to go to, body of distributor? How should I attach it.

It's a good thing that I enjoy this stuff or I'd be going nuts.

Thanks,
RustyWa
Ouch....it should be attached to the plates inside the distributer on both sides. Probably would be cheaper to just buy a rebuilt A-1 Cardon unit from the FLAPS than to buy the replacement plates with a good ground connection.
Mike D.
yeah, buy a new one, you'll thank yourself in the long run.

I once fixed a miriad of problems by replacing the points plate, the trigger points and installing a compufire. I thought I had ten thing's to check, but after the dizzy went back in all the mysterious problems had vanished.

-Mike D.
BenNC
Whats is an A-1 Cardon unit?

How much?

Thanks
Bleyseng
Have your FLAPS order one. Around here they are about $55. They rebush em, instill new trigger points and regular points. Open it at the FLAPS to make sure its got all the parts as they have bad quality control ie: trigger points that are faulty/broken
Geoff
porsche735
They come with trigger points too? I checked with the Kragen here because I found the source of my problems with the retard (doesn' t hold vacuum). They can get the unit, but it is for a 1.7L. As it turns out, the 1.7L one they spec has the same vacuum canister as the 2.0L (022-905-271C). The canister alone runs about $100. The trigger points alone run $110. You can get the A1 cardone unit for $51.99 with a $1 core deposit!!! That sounds too good to be true. Why wouldn't everyone get these and throw away the distributors? I don't get it....

Chris
Bleyseng
Most of us have so we don't have 30 year old dizzys that are completely worn out.

Geoff
914werke
Hmmm I havent sad.gif Though I did update it with a Pertronix & new trigger points. Goeff still have that core Dizzy wub.gif
porsche735
But....my question is, do they come with the vacuum advance and trigger points installed? Seems like no one would ever buy these separately as buying the complete distributor is 1/2 the cost of either item...

BTW, I have not found one from them that is for a 2.0L, just the 1.7L in 1973.
http://www.partsamerica.com/PartDetails.as...ype=218&PTSet=A

Chris
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.