Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Last major piece
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Dr Evil
Hey guys,
I am so close to finishing my project that I can already hear the next problem comming up when I run the engine fro the first time. wink.gif All I need now is a steering console or console upper shaft combo. I have one member checking on it, but wanted to put out an APB for this part. My collar is out of round and the steering wheel moves axially WAY too much. Funny thing is that I rebuilkt this dang thing with a new bearing and it is possibly worse. Not all bearings are the same. The ont that was in it was of a different dimention. I did a write up on this a while ago with pics. So, anyone have the coveted part?
MattR
your grammar and spelling sucks for a med student

biggrin.gif
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (MattR @ Mar 19 2006, 09:10 PM)
your grammar and spelling sucks for a med student

biggrin.gif

now all you need is sucky handwriting to be a doc!

laugh.gif
skline
Hey, as long as he can fix human bodies, who cares if he can spell or write? He is still a great guy and will have one hell of a bed side manner and I for one think he will make a great doctor. I trust him.

Mike, good luck with that part, I will look around in my garage and see if I have one, I just might. If I do, it's yours.

Joe Bob
I see the "Bobsey Twins" are at again....
jimkelly
it is some of these parts you need?
Dr Evil
Thanks Scott.

Yes, my grammar sucks when I don't need it to be perfect rolleyes.gif

The parts that I could use are the small shaft, the mount column that the shaft sits in, and most importantly, the collar that the ig nition switch, turn signals, and other bearing sit in.

TIA
Joe Ricard
SO I guess you need a late unit. Sorry All I got is an extra early piece. Prolly won't work if you want wiper controls on the column
Dr Evil
I need one for a 73 /4, what is the difference?
Joe Ricard
QUOTE (Dr Evil @ Mar 20 2006, 07:38 AM)
I need one for a 73 /4, what is the difference?

Early columns have a solid metal console part. the plastic wire loom plug thingy won't fit down the bottom passage. all wires are routed loose and soldered connected directly to the plug under the dash.
My wiper control is on the dash not the column.
Dr Evil
Well, I learn something new every day. I have one that is metal and that the plugs fit down in. So my thread has something worthwhile in it after all biggrin.gif

Here is the pic of mine from a while ago (first rebuild):
Dr Evil
And what sounds like the deffinitive shot.
Dr Evil
I have one on the way (after getting offers from two members) smilie_pokal.gif Thanks gents! If the recieved part is not working I'll solicit for another. Thanks again biggrin.gif
azbill
Mike I have an extra turn signal assembly. I don't know of the turn signal switch works If you want it I'll send it to you. Let me know.

Bill Shaffer
Dr Evil
Thanks, Bill. I don't need it as I have a new one from a 924 for my power window washer. I appreciate it, though.
smile.gif
morph
i have a shelf with many 73/74 units.pm me or give me call if the one your getting dont work out.if they have any play i throw em out.
james
503-551-6191
Dr Evil
Rock on aktion035.gif Will do, James.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.