Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What I did today...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ClayPerrine
Today I got out in the garage and installed the harness bar and harness. Last week I replaced the seats. The ones that I bought for the car were cool, but the way they sat on the rails made them very hard to see out.

Old Seats:

ClayPerrine
I replaced them with a set of stock seats that I had redone by the same interior shop that did the rest of the interior.

New Seats:
ClayPerrine
Learned the hard way... pay to have interior matched to the seats. Find out seats suck for daily driver. Pay to have stock seats matched to rest of interior.... headbang.gif

Here's the driver's seat with the harness:

ClayPerrine
I also removed the 22mm torsion bars from the front end and reinstalled stock 4 cylinder torsion bars in an attempt to cure my understeer problem. I get to find out next weekend at the PCA AX.

I installed my NOS right hand mirror.

Mirror Pict:
mcbain77
what are you doing with the "old" seats . . . idea.gif
ClayPerrine
Already sold locally. Sorry....

cool_shades.gif
mcbain77
i must say that regardless of the comfort level, the piping on the seats really completes the look. Excellent taste.

smilie_pokal.gif
KaptKaos
What kind of steering wheel is that?
iamchappy
Your seats look soooooo nice. They remind me of Tron.
ClayPerrine
QUOTE (KaptKaos @ Mar 19 2006, 09:49 PM)

That is a NOS 914 /6 leather wheel. The center is from a 68 912, but its the same center used on the 914/6 GT. It keeps me from honking at pylons when autocrossing. biggrin.gif

ClayPerrine
QUOTE (iamchappy @ Mar 19 2006, 09:50 PM)

pissoff.gif

I like 'em.

Aaron Cox
QUOTE (ClayPerrine @ Mar 19 2006, 08:46 PM)
Already sold locally. Sorry....

cool_shades.gif

man.....

looks good regardless
KaptKaos
QUOTE (ClayPerrine @ Mar 19 2006, 07:52 PM)

That is a NOS 914 /6 leather wheel. The center is from a 68 912, but its the same center used on the 914/6 GT. It keeps me from honking at pylons when autocrossing. biggrin.gif

You telling me that I can use an early 911/912 horn button with my stock wheel? If so, that's awesome and I am now looking for a horn button!!!
ClayPerrine
QUOTE (KaptKaos @ Mar 19 2006, 10:01 PM)

You telling me that I can use an early 911/912 horn button with my stock wheel? If so, that's awesome and I am now looking for a horn button!!!

The three prong back is for the early wheel with the insert contact to coonect the horn button. If you get one and want to use it on the later cars with the wire to connect the horn button, you will have to change the three prong back for one with the little tab for the wire. Otherwise they are the same.

I didn't have to change it, as I am using the 911 column, and the insert contact.

I still need to clean it up and polish the rim.
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (KaptKaos @ Mar 19 2006, 09:01 PM)

bring money LOL!!!

an original 914GT didnt have "wings" on the center horn button, like early 911/912 ones that had the "winglets" on em....

hard to 'splain w/o pics
ClayPerrine
QUOTE (iamchappy @ Mar 19 2006, 09:50 PM)

Thanks again... Betty is sitting here looking at this thread, and she is busy harassing me about my interior looking like tron. Now I am going to hear about it for the next few weeks!!! dry.gif

If I ever see you, I am going to alfred.gif and spank.gif and chair.gif you!!!!!

mcbain77
av-943.gif
ClayPerrine
Better pict of the dash and steering wheel...

Aaron Cox
ROFL!!!!

piping is for the ricers...

looks good regardless of what i think.

(btw - do you have to scoot the seat further forward to reach the pedals? LOL )
ClayPerrine
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Mar 19 2006, 10:14 PM)

Yep.. all the way against the front stop. Makes it easy to find the correct adjustment point, and I get extra storage space behind the driver's seat.

Tall people have LESS storage space inside a 914. flipa.gif
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (ClayPerrine @ Mar 19 2006, 09:16 PM)

Yep.. all the way against the front stop. Makes it easy to find the correct adjustment point, and I get extra storage space behind the driver's seat.

we have plenty of room under our knees..... laugh.gif
ClayPerrine
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Mar 19 2006, 10:19 PM)
QUOTE (ClayPerrine @ Mar 19 2006, 09:16 PM)

we have plenty of room under our knees..... laugh.gif

But a sudden application of the brakes and all that :shit: you have stored under your knees ends up under the pedals.

Therefore......... shorter people are safer drivers!!

smilie_pokal.gif mueba.gif
type47fan
QUOTE (ClayPerrine @ Mar 19 2006, 09:14 PM)

. . .a 912 horn button, like yours, sold on evilbay today for $360.00! The winged ones have been selling for between $100 and $200 during the past month. . . .

. . .noticed that your dash clock reads: "9:14". . . .
McMark
And your odometer reads 137322

Which conveniently is
-(1-3)+7 = 9
(3-2) = 1
2 = 2

wacko.gif

mellow.gif I'm dumb. mellow.gif
Dr. Roger
wow clay,

i think that a really nice touch on detailing your dash.

but kinda' trippy effect on the seats. LOL.

to each his or her own.

didn't know you have a 6... ?
ClayPerrine
QUOTE (type47fan @ Mar 19 2006, 11:49 PM)
QUOTE (ClayPerrine @ Mar 19 2006, 09:14 PM)

. . .a 912 horn button, like yours, sold on evilbay today for $360.00! The winged ones have been selling for between $100 and $200 during the past month. . . .

. . .noticed that your dash clock reads: "9:14". . . .

I paid 20.00 for the whole 912 steering column with the wheel and horn button out of a local wrecking yard.

Oh.. and you missed the white pointer. It points at the 6. biggrin.gif

tdsmoonchild
QUOTE (ClayPerrine @ Mar 20 2006, 07:43 AM)
I paid 20.00 for the whole 912 steering column with the wheel and horn button out of a local wrecking yard.

What local wrecking yard has porsche stuff? I'm in Duncanville.
ClayPerrine
In Fort Worth there is a wrecking yard that occasionally gets some Porsche stuff. I happened to be there when the 912 came in. But that was years ago.

All Import on Elliot Reeder road.

BTW.. are you coming to Talahina?
iamchappy
Clay ( Tron comment ) wasn't meant to be a dig. I do like your interior. The Tron thing just popped into my head. wacko.gif
mcbain77
What kind of seats are the "old seats"? Are they 914 sport seats like from Camp? LeMans?
ClayPerrine
QUOTE (iamchappy @ Mar 20 2006, 08:23 AM)
Clay ( Tron comment ) wasn't meant to be a dig. I do like your interior. The Tron thing just popped into my head. wacko.gif

You got Betty started. Now she wants me to put glowing lights under the car so I can look like "Tron". wacko.gif

Its not your fault. She does this all the time. headbang.gif

But I do wub.gif her!!
ClayPerrine
QUOTE (mcbain77 @ Mar 20 2006, 08:30 AM)
What kind of seats are the "old seats"? Are they 914 sport seats like from Camp? LeMans?

They are Koenig 914 seats. They are not for people with wide hips. I am a short, skinny little ba$tard, and I fit snugly in the seats.

If they had fit the tracks better, I would have kept them. But I couldn't see out the right rear sitting in the car.
Rusty
QUOTE (ClayPerrine @ Mar 20 2006, 05:30 PM)
You got Betty started. Now she wants me to put glowing lights under the car so I can look like "Tron". wacko.gif

Dude, you'd have to grow like 16 inches to be Tron!

Besides, I think those early 80s Trans-Am seat covers are very retro! If you like them... good for you! Don't listen to what other people say!

(Not that there's anything wrong with that... biggrin.gif )

-Rusty smoke.gif

ClayPerrine
QUOTE (Lawrence @ Mar 20 2006, 10:08 AM)
QUOTE (ClayPerrine @ Mar 20 2006, 05:30 PM)

Dude, you'd have to grow like 16 inches to be Tron!

Besides, I think those early 80s Trans-Am seat covers are very retro! If you like them... good for you! Don't listen to what other people say!

(Not that there's anything wrong with that... biggrin.gif )

-Rusty smoke.gif

Be nice...

Remember, I know where your six and your PURPLE 914 are stored. happy11.gif

Rusty
You must have mistaken me for someone else... I own an aubergine car!
tdsmoonchild
QUOTE (ClayPerrine @ Mar 20 2006, 08:05 AM)
BTW.. are you coming to Talahina?

What is Talahina?
Joseph Mills
He means TALIMENA 1...

See the announcement nailed at the top of the garage home page.

Lotsa drivin' in the mountains driving.gif

Lotsa beer3.gif and chowtime.gif in the parking lot.

Real cheap too. biggrin.gif

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.