Full Version: sad picture story, no teener- but Porsche content
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Gustl
I don't understand the text,
but I guess the pics say all ...

crash

sad.gif Gustl
Lou W
Cars were being trailered back from a Porsche event in the Ventura area of California last year, when the car trailer got stuck on a railroad crossing. What you see is after the train hit the transporter. sad.gif
nomore9one4
Place (cryingsmiliehere)
URY914
Does anyone know the final outcome on this mess? Did the tow company get sued, insurance pay off, driver face a firing squad? confused24.gif
ChicagoPete
There was a very good article about this story in SportsCarMarket about a month or two after it happened. It was the subject of the "legal files" column which appears monthly and discusses debacles of this nature.

Aaron Cox
yep GAF (german auto fest) in ventura 2 years ago.....

jimtab
And still a damned shame....like watching a great painting get defaced.....
Seagrave
See what happens when you never actually DRIVE your car?
alpha434
The red one won "best in show."

It was a sad day indeed for 356 and Porsche aficianados everywhere. But at the same moment, speedster values increased $5,000!!!

w00t.gif
WRX914
Was there, this accident happend right in front of my truck. I was the guy who called 911. We saw the truck stuck on the tracks and then the train comming around the bend. This was one of the loudest crashes ever!

Here is a pic about 1 min after everything came to rest...

sherman1
Sick!!

barf.gif sad.gif ar15.gif
Howard
QUOTE (Seagrave @ Mar 20 2006, 09:32 AM)
See what happens when you never actually DRIVE your car?

agree.gif Sad, but these guys were of the group 'Feel free to look at my car, just don't breathe on it'. Porsches were made to be driven hard.
alpha434
How much counseling did you get afterward, WRX914?

I would've been busting my ass to get those cars out of the trailer. I can't imagine what was going through the driver's head. Probly something like... "Wow, I really f#@%ed up this time."

And if you drive all porsches hard, then there will be none left to drive later.
WRX914
QUOTE (alpha434 @ Mar 20 2006, 10:25 AM)
How much counseling did you get afterward, WRX914?

I would've been busting my ass to get those cars out of the trailer. I can't imagine what was going through the driver's head. Probly something like... "Wow, I really f#@%ed up this time."

And if you drive all porsches hard, then there will be none left to drive later.

Still in therapy... I can not seem to get past step 1 of the 12 step program! The driver was running around just before the train hit. You could tell he was stromberg.gif ing his pants. I would have just shot myself right on the spot and stopped the pain!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.