Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How I spent my winter.....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jr91472
Well I haven't shared in awhile so here goes and be kind.

First thing was to ditch my progressive carb and install a pair of rebuilt Dells complete with cross-bas setup from CD Performance. Motor already has a carb friendly cam, so I am hoping this will wake things up a bit wink.gif
jr91472
Next up was to clean up and repair the engine bay. Hell hole was not too bad, but the pax side engine shelf was toast and the battery tray non-existant.

So I got my first taste of metal working and welding. What a blast. New pieces from Restoration Design worked great. Then of course sprayed the engine bay with my new paint gun.

I still have some touch up to do and it is far from perfect, but I am pleased with it being my first time and all.

Hopefully, it all goes back together this coming weekend.
Bleyseng
Looks nice!

Hopefully that is not a type 1 009 dizzy. If it is, toss it in the ocean and get a Mallory or a stock FI dizzy. popcorn[1].gif
jr91472
nuther
jr91472
QUOTE (Bleyseng @ Mar 20 2006, 07:44 AM)
Looks nice!

Hopefully that is not a type 1 009 dizzy. If it is, toss it in the ocean and get a Mallory or a stock FI dizzy. popcorn[1].gif

cool, somthing else to spend money on chairfall.gif
736conver
Nice color.

ClayPerrine
QUOTE (jr91472 @ Mar 20 2006, 10:03 AM)
QUOTE (Bleyseng @ Mar 20 2006, 07:44 AM)
Looks nice!

cool, somthing else to spend money on chairfall.gif

You can also get an 050.

I think Zim's still has some of them.

You gonna make talaina, or do I have to weld jackstands to your car? biggrin.gif
jr91472
QUOTE (ClayPerrine @ Mar 20 2006, 09:22 AM)

You gonna make talaina, or do I have to weld jackstands to your car? biggrin.gif

The car will be ready, but I am having fight to keep that weekend open for me. Yack.gif

so wish me luck..... welder.gif
Bertus
Great job. smilie_pokal.gif

I am going to try painting my engine bay in a couple of weeks, hope it comes out as nice as yours!
Joseph Mills
QUOTE (jr91472 @ Mar 20 2006, 11:37 AM)

You gonna make talaina, or do I have to weld jackstands to your car?   biggrin.gif

The car will be ready, but I am having fight to keep that weekend open for me. Yack.gif

Hey Clay, didn't we change the date just for him? mad.gif

Just pulling your leg JR. biggrin.gif

That engine bay is too purdy to not show it off! Hope you can make it.

BTW, I will be bringing two turbo syncros with me if you want to tweak your carbs a bit...
jr91472
QUOTE (Joseph Mills @ Mar 20 2006, 10:28 AM)

Just pulling your leg JR. biggrin.gif

That engine bay is too purdy to not show it off! Hope you can make it.

BTW, I will be bringing two turbo syncros with me if you want to tweak your carbs a bit...

Hey don't count me out yet....

And thanks for the syncro offer, I am sure I will have a bit of a learning curve before I can master these dells.....

beer.gif
ClayPerrine
QUOTE (Joseph Mills @ Mar 20 2006, 12:28 PM)
QUOTE (jr91472 @ Mar 20 2006, 11:37 AM)

You gonna make talaina, or do I have to weld jackstands to your car?   biggrin.gif

Yep.. and I told him that if he doesn't show, I am going to his house and WELDING jackstands to his car. poke.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.