Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Is there a throttle vacuum control?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
vesnyder
It appears the thottle was sticking so I wnet in and changed the cable - the current one was old anyway. After replacement (and making sure it was not binding with teh clutch cable) the motor will rev to the max - All the way to 7,000 rpm? Aside from what damage I could have done to the motor, what could be causing this other than a sticking cable? I am thinking of installing a stronger return spring and already lubed the throttle body, but was wondering if there is a vacuum hose that got disconnected or incorrectly reconnected to cause this? This is getting frustrating not to mention scaring me that I am going to do some real damage to my already questionable motor?

Thanks in advance!
Rand
No vacuum hose will cause it to rev to 7000rpm. ohmy.gif
Leave that thing off and pull the air cleaner. Is the butterfly squarely closed? Get it adjusted correctly, then make sure the pedal feels smooth through the whole motion a few times, then check to make sure the butterfly comes back to full close.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.