Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Magnetic numbers for racing and Ax
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ChrisReale
Where do you get yours?
Is magnetic better than the vinyl type as far as staying on?
nine14cats
Hi Chris,

Since my car is track only...I just keep the vinyl on fulltime...the place I got mine is Yak Graphics.

Yak Graphics

They make magnetics as well.

They seem to be reasonable on prices...

Bill
TimT
This fellow made my #'s ask for George.

Fastmeatballs
jdogg
I got mine here: http://www.edecals.com/raceg/scca.htm
Dave_Darling
Heh... I just went to the local plastics outlet place (Tap Plastics) and got raw magnetic sheet. Then bought some vinyl numbers of the appropriate size and put them on the sheet. That gives me a sort-of-rectangular "meatball" with the numbers already on it.

--DD
seanery
I got mine from the same guy that TimT used.

They look nice and he gives you directions for removal.
Never removed 'em though.
TimT
If one of you wants the magnetic stock to mount the #'s.

I have the old ones from my car lemme know you address and Ill ship them out for free!!!

they have my old # on them but you could peel them off and apply your #

cover postage perhaps?
ChrisReale
Cool! Ill PM you. smilie_pokal.gif
si2t3m
Here is mine.

I made it with word, got it printed on a clear vinyl sticker sheet. Then i bought some white magnetic sheets and sticked the clear vinyl on it. I finally cut the outter line making an oval meatball out of it. Did a 3 day DE with them and the never flew off (i did put a bit of white electical tape on the front of the meatball just in case). Cost was under 20$ cdn of material for 2 meatballs.

HTH

Marc-André
bwilless
Wow, that looks very nice. Any chance you would be willing to share your design?
si2t3m
Sure,

send me an e-mail and i'll send you the word document.

si2t3m @ clic.net (remove the spaces)

Marc-André
redshift
I am looking for a set of REAL sticky Pegasus, not magnetic.

Anyone?

(seems better than the Type R stickers)

smile.gif

M
seanery
George has some at Kennedy Fabrications.

Look at TimT's link. Follow the links on the page and you'll see Pegasus stickers.

or go HERE
campbellcj
I gave up on mag numbers. I had a well-used set from SoloTime, and recently one side flew-off on the track at 85mph even though I had the edges taped with racer's tape. unsure.gif Over a few years the magnetism faded I guess; and it was >100° that day so the tape didn't adhere very well. OOPS! Also the material was pretty thick and on cold mornings it would be stiff and not want to lay flat until it warmed up. (I would have to let them sit on the top of the car in the sun for a while.)

The vinyl graphics look WAY better too, IMHO. I went the semi-permanent route and just leave them on the car now.
Jeroen
Hey Chris,

Did you ever get the new #'s on your car?
Got any pics?

cheers,

Jeroen
URY914
And did you know that Bondo is not magnetic?

It use to be that I couldn't find a place on my car that they'd stick to.

Paul
campbellcj
QUOTE(Jeroen @ Sep 12 2003, 10:02 AM)
Hey Chris,

Did you ever get the new #'s on your car?
Got any pics?

cheers,

Jeroen

I got some simple & (relatively) cheap ones made up for now, by an online place that is actuallly pretty cool. http://www.racecarnumbers.com They have a Java applet where you can design what you want, order it, and they come in the mail a few days later.

I'm waiting on the fancier graphics until I get my f/g lids; then I'll get a full set made up. There is a local guy here in Thousand Oaks who does full-car custom stuff, and he will apply them too, so I won't get them crooked or wrinkled. As I have learned, it is NOT easy to avoid bubbles etc.

There should be some fresh pics of my car tomorrow. I forgot to shoot some at the last track event cuz I was too flustered with my broken pedal cluster headbang.gif
seanery
Chris,

Got another link?
campbellcj
OOPS... http://www.racecarletters.com/

It is actually a company called "Brockman Signs".
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.