Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1970 storage find
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
dinomium
Oh well, I can't stand it anymore! I nearly have in my posession a 1970 teener with a 2 liter fuel injected motor. The car was parked a couple of years ago because of a bad strut, now it will be mine. How much you ask? Until it is in my stable I am not saying!
dinomium
Hell HOLE!
You know where you stand in a
Hell HOLE!
Girl get me back to my HELLLLllllll Hole!
I never get tired of that joke! I know it isnt even funny!
dinomium
from the loft...
sixnotfour
thought that was my car I have stored,
wrong color interior,
looks good cool_shades.gif
Andyrew
Sir andy take those pics?

Looks nice!
dinomium
you might be alittle pissed off if I bought your car from my cousin without asking you first!
dinomium
QUOTE (Andyrew @ Mar 21 2006, 02:19 AM)
Sir andy take those pics?

Looks nice!

drole, very DROLE!
I have attended the Sir Andy internet skool of fuzzy logic thru photoghraphy!

And thanks, Jeff, I hope you get to see a lot of this car this summer, mostly while you are buying me beer!
beer.gif
rhodyguy
you should just buy and swap out one of the front suspensions i have. that way you can put on a front sway bar. i thought that was coming home last sunday. dry.gif

k
drewvw

I like the green.....
dinomium
QUOTE (rhodyguy @ Mar 21 2006, 08:27 AM)
you should just buy and swap out one of the front suspensions i have. that way you can put on a front sway bar. i thought that was coming home last sunday. dry.gif

k

I have some lovely front ends in my yard as well! The one on my red car has turbo tie rods, new ball joints and Konis...

Next week is the idea... I was in Butte mt for saint patties
markb
I don't think I've seen the tan interior in an early car. Looks nice.
dinomium
thanks, guys. I
t has the static passenger seat with no cracks in the seat or the back pad. I think I will leave it and start looking for a foot rest.
The driver's seat has the wear mark from getting in and out, but it is also in pretty decent shape...
dinomium
man, those are some CRAPPY pix!
drewvw
QUOTE (dinomium @ Mar 21 2006, 10:23 AM)

I thought the blurry pics added to the mystery of it all.... cool.gif
sixnotfour
I mght have a foot rest or two beer3.gif
dinomium
idea.gif is that so mister H...
messix
thants just dino's normal veiw of the world.[ beer.gif beer.gif beer.gif beer.gif beer.gif beer.gif beer.gif beer.gif beer.gif beer.gif beer.gif beer.gif ] the way he see's it. and focusing the camera to reflect said veiw. av-943.gif av-943.gif
sherman1

No kidding, Shirlock... blink.gif

Nice find though, regardless.
Rocky
Nice find Dino! What besides the strut is needed?

Tim
boxstr
Dino We would like to extend an invitation to you to be the official photograher for the WCC 2006 in PDX.
CCLINKODAKMOMENT
SirAndy
QUOTE (boxstr @ Mar 21 2006, 05:52 PM)
Dino We would like to extend an invitation to you to be the official photograher for the WCC 2006 in PDX

av-943.gif

just make sure i'm not around. i think it's contagious ...
cool_shades.gif Andy
dinomium
QUOTE (SirAndy @ Mar 21 2006, 07:04 PM)
Dino We would like to extend an invitation to you to be the official photograher for the WCC 2006 in PDX

av-943.gif

cool_shades.gif Andy

Between the fuzzy shots and the thumb over the lense, I should be able to capture the "spirit" of the event! Not a photo journalist, more of a photo "stylest"
laugh.gif

As for the car, she needs some driving lights, a horn cover, tyres and the rear trunk has the lovely surface rust happening. I have not driven the car so I don't know what else mech it needs. Good thing I have two more at home and a partz car!

screwy.gif
dlo914
QUOTE (dinomium @ Mar 22 2006, 04:22 PM)
QUOTE (SirAndy @ Mar 21 2006, 07:04 PM)

av-943.gif

cool_shades.gif Andy

Between the fuzzy shots and the thumb over the lense, I should be able to capture the "spirit" of the event! Not a photo journalist, more of a photo "stylest"
laugh.gif

As for the car, she needs some driving lights, a horn cover, tyres and the rear trunk has the lovely surface rust happening. I have not driven the car so I don't know what else mech it needs. Good thing I have two more at home and a partz car!

screwy.gif

ive got a horn cover you could have for free, just pay for the shipping. PM me if you're interested. (you meant the one on the steering wheel right?)
dinomium
Thanks for the offer, I have a TON of spare parts and I think I just might have a MOMO top power somewhere for a steering wheel...
dlo914
QUOTE (dinomium @ Mar 22 2006, 09:52 PM)
Thanks for the offer, I have a TON of spare parts and I think I just might have a MOMO top power somewhere for a steering wheel...

just recently i swapped out my stock steering wheel for one w/ a quick release hub. The wheel itself is some leather knock off and for the button i got a genuine Momo. But the thing is i used the stock steering wheel hub and bolted the QR hub to the hub. I had to disassemble the stock wheel by drilling out the rivets. Luckily the 6 bolt pattern on the stock hub was the same as the one on the QR hub or i'd be looking for another stock wheel. wink.gif
dlo914
here's my cheap set-up:
dinomium
that is a kewl looking wheel. I dont mind not being able to see all the instruments with the smaller wheel...
dlo914
QUOTE (dinomium @ Mar 23 2006, 01:39 AM)
that is a kewl looking wheel. I dont mind not being able to see all the instruments with the smaller wheel...

i only spent like $70< on my set up. Got everything off ebay. And it's a 14" wheel still able to see the Tach.
ws91420
QUOTE (dinomium @ Mar 21 2006, 04:07 AM)
Oh well, I can't stand it anymore! I nearly have in my posession a 1970 teener with a 2 liter fuel injected motor. The car was parked a couple of years ago because of a bad strut, now it will be mine. How much you ask? Until it is in my stable I am not saying!

If I'm not mistaken if it's a 1970 4cyl then it would be a 1.7 unless someone did an engine swap. The 2.0 that year is a 6 cyl.
dinomium
QUOTE (ws91420 @ Mar 23 2006, 05:53 AM)
QUOTE (dinomium @ Mar 21 2006, 04:07 AM)

If I'm not mistaken if it's a 1970 4cyl then it would be a 1.7 unless someone did an engine swap. The 2.0 that year is a 6 cyl.

you are corrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrect! Sir!

it is a redo with a type iv 2 liter. He is giving me the old tail shifter and 1.7 engine as well...
dinomium
Well I got it home! The car is nice, needs ball joints and rear shocks... I have all that right here! The respray is ok from about 10 feet.
Shane helped me bring it from Auburn to Bremerton, alls he had to do was eat lunch and drive my truck home!
It was a good day!
beer3.gif
driving.gif
Michael Oberg
Man, nice find. smilie_pokal.gif

Now yer gonna have to update your sig!

Need more pictures, and any info on the deal? popcorn[1].gif
DNHunt
Yep

Saw the car in person. It looks like a nice ride. it was good to see Shane again too.

Dave
Rocky
Very nice save! smilie_pokal.gif

Does she run?
Bleyseng
This is a parts car??

Still looking for a rear valence for the black 72.
DNHunt
Geoff

Not a parts car and it doesn't have a valence. It's got potential.

Dave
dinomium
The signiture has been updated, we are now up to date! I put a new battery in and she cranked right up. The car has the Monza exhaust and left some dark black soot on the bumper, but hey I am SO not complaining! The drive from Auburn to Bremerton was uneventful and the longest drive I have made in a teener in YEARS!
Sorry, Geoff, I don't have any good valences either. I *think* I have one for the new car...
messix
what ever you do, dont put even one jack stand under it. this one runs and is on the road, lets keep it that way.
sixnotfour
Looks like a keeper.
Still looking for a rear valence for the black 72.

long,short, steel, fiberglass?
balljoint
1790 Green with 75 FI 2 liter

Holy Crap that car is old! smile.gif
drewvw

great find! I am jealous....
dinomium
QUOTE (messix @ Apr 3 2006, 11:10 AM)
what ever you do, dont put even one jack stand under it. this one runs and is on the road, lets keep it that way.

I have to replace a ball joint or two, and while I am in there... laugh.gif
Allan
Nice car.

Cool score...
red914
QUOTE (dinomium @ Apr 3 2006, 01:35 PM)
...and while I am in there...

c'mon, Dino! you know you want to work on it! swap some stuff out, update some things, fix a few minor insignificants...

really, it was very kewl following Dino back to b-town. the car runs well (considering it hasn't been run in some time), and is straight and clean. new tires, some cleaning, and lots o' drivin'!

i got to see Dr. Dave's magnificent machine; wow, that thing sounds awesome and moves with spirited gusto! if you aren't careful, Dave, you will inspire me to bring mine up to speed!
IronHillRestorations
Does that have the smooth grain light tan interior??? If you EVER want to swap interiors, please let me know. Great find! boldblue.gif Congrats!! smilie_pokal.gif
dinomium
QUOTE (9146986 @ Apr 3 2006, 09:00 PM)
Does that have the smooth grain light tan interior??? If you EVER want to swap interiors, please let me know. Great find! boldblue.gif Congrats!! smilie_pokal.gif

It does have the smooth grain with the fixed passenger seat. It has a small tear in the joint of the seat to headrest, the driver's seat is worn on the bolster but not ripped...

I will keep you in mind, but I am not looking to change much on this car for a very long time. I have forgotten how much I like to DRIVE rather than WORk on 914s!
SirAndy
QUOTE (dinomium @ Apr 3 2006, 08:15 AM)
The signiture has been updated

1790? wow, now that is by far the oldest 914 i have ever heard of ...

rolleyes.gif Andy
drewvw

did you let us in on how much you picked this gem up for, or is that not my business....

ph34r.gif
dinomium
QUOTE (SirAndy @ Apr 4 2006, 09:27 AM)
QUOTE (dinomium @ Apr 3 2006, 08:15 AM)
The signiture has been updated

1790? wow, now that is by far the oldest 914 i have ever heard of ...

rolleyes.gif Andy

this is a very rare present to Thomas Jefferson when he bacame Secretary of State on March 21st, 1790

I am going to the antiques roadshow with it! "well Mr Davis, $1500 is a good price, however if the car had it's orginal 1.7 liter engine and pox marked paint, it would be worth ONE MILLION dollars!"
HA!
drewvw
QUOTE (dinomium @ Apr 4 2006, 09:20 AM)
I am going to the antiques roadshow with it! "well Mr Davis, $1500 is a good  price, however if the car had it's orginal 1.7 liter engine and pox marked paint, it would be worth ONE MILLION dollars!"
HA!

too funny, I was watching that show last night.....that's a great price I wonder what month in 69/70 that car was manufactured
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.