Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I'm sooo blue
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
blitZ
Got my car back from the painter, it really turned out well. I was going to wait until I got all the trim and panels back on, to show it, but couldn't.

blitZ
side...
blitZ
pretty rear end....
Allan
NICE looking color.

I always wonder why people want to stiick to factory colors so much.

There are colors available now that completely shut down the stuff offered in the 70's...
Chris Pincetich
Isn't this the car that was for sale in Reno last fall? I think so...I was soooo close to buying it and didn't because I was looking for chrome bumpers amoung other things.

Great job! smilie_pokal.gif
I've really enjoyed watching the progress of this car. How is that new muffler treating you? I've got some SS HE commin my way and am saving up for a muffler that isn't leaky and full of rust.
beerchug.gif
blitZ
QUOTE (ChrisNPDrider @ Mar 21 2006, 05:36 PM)
Isn't this the car that was for sale in Reno last fall? I think so...I was soooo close to buying it and didn't because I was looking for chrome bumpers amoung other things.

Great job! smilie_pokal.gif
I've really enjoyed watching the progress of this car. How is that new muffler treating you? I've got some SS HE commin my way and am saving up for a muffler that isn't leaky and full of rust.
beerchug.gif

Yes, it was in Sparks, Nevada. I retro'd the bumpers back to the pre-75 look. The muffler is working well, back dated the exhaust as well, huge improvement.
Gint
I like that color. The car looks really nice.
shadygrady
Love that color. Car looks great, too. smilie_pokal.gif
tommy914
Les,
The car looks great. I'm glad the sun came out for you today.
Have you thought about chrome bumpers?
blitZ
QUOTE (tommy914 @ Mar 21 2006, 07:01 PM)
Les,

Thanks...

I'm actually de-chroming the car. The targa trim has been painted black and the remaining chrome will follow. Going for the Euro look. Not sure if I'm going to paint the wheels yet.
nomore9one4
QUOTE (blitZ @ Mar 22 2006, 04:13 AM)
QUOTE (tommy914 @ Mar 21 2006, 07:01 PM)
Les,

Thanks...

I'm actually de-chroming the car. The targa trim has been painted black and the remaining chrome will follow. Going for the Euro look. Not sure if I'm going to paint the wheels yet.

Graet color. Will look great with the black trim. Can not wait to see it finished. Nice work. biggrin.gif
Root_Werks
That's a great color! smilie_pokal.gif
blitZ
QUOTE (boboli914@att.net @ Mar 22 2006, 04:19 AM)
Graet color. Will look great with the black trim. Can not wait to see it finished. Nice work. biggrin.gif

Thanks...

I'm liking the black more and more. Installed the targa trim today.

blitZ
ummm, here...
vortrex
QUOTE (Headrage @ Mar 21 2006, 05:32 PM)
NICE looking color.

I always wonder why people want to stiick to factory colors so much.

There are colors available now that completely shut down the stuff offered in the 70's...

???

this is a factory 914 color. L97B
lotus_65
brilliant.

the only thing i'd nit-pick would be to change the color under the grills to black. looks cleaner imo.
blitZ
QUOTE (lotus_65 @ Mar 22 2006, 07:10 PM)
brilliant.

the only thing i'd nit-pick would be to change the color under the grills to black. looks cleaner imo.

Good point. The blue does stand out when standing right over it. Might have to paint it black also.

It is a factory color, L97B , or a reasonable fascimile. I gave the painter the exact code to use. However, this shop does a lot of pimp-mobiles, the owner tried to talk me into some candy colors. Seems like he did something to make extra shiney or maybe that is a quality of current paints.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.