Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SOT: KitCar "Ferrari" w/ 2.2T engine Cheap
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Brian Mifsud
Craigslist Sacramento, CA

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

As usual, no affiliation with seller..built on Beetle chassis, so transaxle is also probably Beetle..
rhodyguy
that's real cheap for a kelmark alone. factor in the 6 and it's real, real cheap. if i lived down south i would be all over it.

k
Bleyseng
Wow, second one I have ever seen.

Good project for Aaron!
nomore9one4
Damn, thats worth the motor alone. idea.gif 3000 miles is alittle to far to travel headbang.gif
LvSteveH
Car is still available, for some reason I thought it was in San Diago. In any event, he said everyone wants it just for the motor and he'd much rather sell it to someone who will keep it together and get it back on the road. For anyone in Northern California, it's too good to pass up. I just can't drive 1500 miles this weekend, or I would have bought it. Oh, and it appears to be running a 901 trans (early 911) so the engine/trans is worth an easy $3000. Free car anyone?
Mueller
hmmm...hey Jon, where is my trailer?? smile.gif

i'd just like to have the motor....anyone want to buy the chassis/body???
neo914-6
QUOTE (Mueller @ Mar 23 2006, 08:27 AM)
hmmm...hey Jon, where is my trailer?? smile.gif

i'd just like to have the motor....anyone want to buy the chassis/body???

Yeah, I recall an article about a 200MPH V8 Kelmark...
MikeP
If it is registered I'm buying it.
Brian Mifsud
I seem to have a knack for finding the obscure.... isn't there a job description for that??? biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Hope someone can take advantage of it.

Is this adequate penance for my "bad" on the "Granpa's 914/6 for sale" several months ago???

The car isn't halfway bad looking. I wouldn't mind putting it on a custom tube-frame w/ SBC and 930 transaxle.. but mid-engined as God intended it.

Check that..... I just went and looked at it again... the DINO got lost somewhere when they stretched the tail to fit a rear-engine......
rhodyguy
felix, i remember that article too. from the late 70s early 80s? the manufacturer put a 455c.i. in, mid engine.

k
drewvw

that thing is sweeeeeet. Too bad I am on the wrong coast.....
rhodyguy
What ever became of this car? I know ancient post.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.