Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Save Monza !
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Thor
Today I received the following mail from Stand21, the French racing gear manufacturer:

Dear friends,

Please find at the following address a petition to save motorsport activity at the Monza racetrack:
Save Monza petition
We must support Monza. It is an historic racing place in the world and we love racing!

Yves Morizot
Président de Stand 21
Stand 21 chairman
dinomium
Awe CRAP! I was just about able to con my wife into a trip to Milan in Sept 07!
We will have to change MoMo to just plain MO
LAME!
johannes
As far as I can understand italian, there is some noise protection issue. Only cars that will be accepted on the track will be "silent" cars ... So no more formula one ... KMA.gif
Thor
As Johannes would be able to confirm this is a typical European situation. You've got a race track or airfield that's been around for ages, the grounds around it cost nearly nothing. Suddenly someone decides to build a house close to it, followed by another and another.
Then the owners unite and start complaining about the noise.

Just to illustrate the situation on our Zolder racing track.
Top right of the picture you can the straight line going to Start/Finish ... and yes ... those are appartments at about 50 meters from the track ...

user posted image
alpha434
It will happen to every track. It's already closed most of the tracks in Colorado. The REASON that the land is cheap is BECAUSE of the noise. If you don't like it, then don't build a house there!

People suck. Where do I sign?
jimtab
It happens everywhere, I always want to ask if they bought the house by mail....oh no a racetrack, I never knew......what a load of bullshit.... bs.gif bs.gif
alpha434
There are plenty of people who would love to live on a racetrack. It's like living on a golfcourse. Pretty overview. A place close by to play with your toys. But it comes with disadvantages. Flying golf balls. Or loud cars.

It's DEFINATELY a load of BS that they didn't know. It's not like getting a mail order bride from Russia. Nobody has a right to complain (or collect "noise pollution" stipends) because they built a house on a track.

People suck.
TimT
.oh no a racetrack, I never knew..

A good friend of mine bought a really nice house in Noyack, NY... The first time I went out there to visit him I mentioned.. that its really cool that your house is so close to a racetrack

Bridgehampton was having a test and tune when I visited.. and my friend just bitched about the noise..

I mentioned to him that the closed course at Bridge had been there for 40 or 50 years...

He didnt have a clue about the track, and the real estate agent neglected to tell him about the track when showing the house..

I guess my point is that not all people are aware of motorsports heritage..

alpha434
God forbid that someone do any research before they pay 300,000 for a house.

It isn't an excuse. Thats like all the people who don't know how to change the oil in their cars and so they don't. It's not their "fault" persay. They didn't know. BUT they're still responsible.

This falls under the "hot coffee" stuff. And sueing McDonalds for making people fat.
lotus_65
same thing with the airport here. you would think there would be a zoning code for louder areas.

pretty lame.

i read somewhere about "club tracks" springing up, kind of like a country clubs, but instead of golf or tennis, it would be racing. at least when you wnt shopping for a house there, people would know exactly what they are getting in to.
spare time toys
We get the folks here that piss and moan about our aircraft flying over thier houses all the time. Dumb ass this was an old army air corps base when airplanes still had 2 sets of wings finger.gif They built condos about half a mile from the end of the runway. I rented one when I first moved down here the worst was the check haulers in the Lears blasting out at 2-3 AM. I didnt bitch but the other folks did I would say HELLO there is a runway acrost the street dont you think some thing is going to come down it this way??? screwy.gif I didnt hear them bitch about the real chaep rent cool_shades.gif
914forme
We lost a track 10 years ago around my place, a bunch of guys picked up 1000 acres up here right off I-70 and I-675. They where going to build a NHRA legal strip, etc..... That was fine with me we run auto-xs at such places and its 10 miles away cool. I singed on the dotted line. You got a bunch of drag racers around the northren side of dayton, and dirt circle track guys. Even with that the locals still won out. They did not want the noise traffic etc. So instead we got a trucking company, what a poor trade, bunch of niave morons.

If you know the area the top fuel dragsters would be nothing more than the F-16s, C-17s, KC-135, 747 Decoy One ( the retired Airforce One), F-117s (they don't make a lot of noise), UFOs, etc.... that fly in and out of Wright Patt all day long. Hell when they fire up, I can hear the big planes up here 15 miles away. Just the low pitch rumbles the windows etc.... And you have Dayton Internation sitting just to the west of here. screwy.gif
jimtab
QUOTE (alpha434 @ Mar 25 2006, 12:42 AM)
God forbid that someone do any research before they pay 300,000 for a house.

It isn't an excuse. Thats like all the people who don't know how to change the oil in their cars and so they don't. It's not their "fault" persay. They didn't know. BUT they're still responsible.

This falls under the "hot coffee" stuff. And sueing McDonalds for making people fat.

300k for a house???? Damn, I gotta get out of Kalifornia...you can't buy a shitty condo for that within 20 miles of here.... wacko.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.