Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Easy one - what size speakers for stock location?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914-8
thanks.
Allan
Do a search in the members product section for Morphenspectra. He makes really cool enclosures that go in the stock location that will hold a set of nice 61/2" speakers.
iamchappy
I have to agree, spring for the 6.5 enclosers.
Scott Carlberg
the Size of the speakers down by your feet there are 4x6.

Other stereo *info* I've copied from various sources....

- We built a sub into the passenger side floor foam kick panel.
Remove the panel and use it as the fiberglass template. Add 2 inches to the front side (takes up very little room in front of the passengers feet)
The passenger ends up with their feet on it, but the amount of air space is perfect for a 8 inch sub.

- I have two JL audio 8 inch speakers in custom built boxes directly in front of the seats there in wedge boxes about .55 cubic ft. (in the negative leg space) approx. size is 8.5" H X 12" W X 13" L
The boxes acoustically bounce the bass off of the windshield and appear to sound directly behind you for near perfect cabin gain and staging about 135 dB with 600 wt. pushing them.

- To add sound quality I installed two 6 inch boxes in place of the stock speaker mounting plates with two aura separates and custom tweeter pods on the dash to fit windshield curve, and taper to dash top, covered in grill cloth.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.