Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Black cars Hellhole
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Bleyseng
Finally got the engine out and starting the hellhole repairs but installing a new battery tray and support.

Its not too bad considering what a moron the PO was. av-943.gif
2-OH!
Geoff,

Doesn't look that bad...The 73 I'm finishing up, you could see the ground from the battery tray down through the Long...The Jack pad was flapin' in the breeze...

2-OH!
J P Stein
Unless you're a CW, you'd be a moron to put a battery back in there biggrin.gif ....just my opinion.....even tho you didn't ask.
Bleyseng
Already got a battery tray setup laying around and those extra long battery cables for front trunk installs cost big $$$.
No matter what we had to clean it up and repaint it. Its mostly solid with just the rusty on the innerwheel house. smash.gif welder.gif
J P Stein
Dude, this is a new century. Git with the program.
13 lbs. You can mount it in your lap if it came to that.

Hay, a pic of seam welds.
dlo914
hmm i might just do that w/ my restoration since there isnt a battery tray on the car right now..and just fab a tie down in the rear trunk. But does it get in the way of the targa top if i were to use a size 34 Yellow Top Optima? I could just lay the battery on it's side since it's a gel type.
STL914
QUOTE (J P Stein @ Mar 24 2006, 01:29 AM)

JP, what type of battery are you using?
J P Stein
An Odyssey 680.
Bleyseng
Odyssey 680, hmmm it only has 275CCA so I don't think thats enough compared to a Optima at 780CCA. Maybe if we switched to a hi-torque starter setup.....but Blair doesn't have the money for that right now. Plus the car came with a brand new 911 starter. DPO thought that maybe a new starter would turn the engine over even thou the intake valve was hitting freezing the motor... dry.gif

But thats a good idea JP, it would free up some space to put a turbo in place of the battery tray! ohmy.gif

shocked[1].gif

I would be happy if he would just finish the engine and get the car outta my shop! headbang.gif
brant
QUOTE (J P Stein @ Mar 24 2006, 02:29 AM)

Hay, a pic of seam welds.

seem welding is bad...mmmkay...

J P Stein
The only cars I wouldn't use one of these batteries in would one that has a draw with the key off.....alarm,radio..whutever.
Plenty of poop to turn over my engine with an original 914 starter.
rhodyguy
so...blair's car is in the rental's garage and yours sits out in the weather?

k
TeamAxisRacing
QUOTE (rhodyguy @ Mar 24 2006, 09:15 AM)
so...blair's car is in the rental's garage and yours sits out in the weather?

k

smilie_pokal.gif
rhodyguy
nice smilie_pokal.gif rolleyes.gif . monique needs a garage.

k
Bleyseng
hey, I got one of those umbrella cover for mine.

We worked on the Black car today finishing up the engine FI and all the tin plus the fan. Looking good.

Blair needs to finish the rust work so we can put the 1.7 motor in. dry.gif

Monique and I have talked about a garage but I think I am going to build a car port instead as its easier permit wise.
Maybe later this summer if money allows since I am leaving again to work in Suriname in April.
914werke
If'n he's gonna tear it down why not at least throw on some 1.8 PC's and heads?
Bleyseng
Cuz I had the good domed 90mm laying around and didnt have any 1.8L pistons and cylinders. So this will be a smoking 80hp 1.7l. smash.gif
914werke
PM me maybe I can hook ya (Blair) up!
Bleyseng
Well, its too late for us to change as the engine all together with new rings, new 9550 cam and lifters, cam bearings, seals etc.

just need to get it installed and running ASAP so its outta my garage before I leave again. The orange 76 isn't sitting outside for 2 months! Blair finger.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.