Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Somebody bought a 9eleben....and it ain't me....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Joe Bob
I felt the disruption in the universe....SOMEBODY bought an assdragger..... ohmy.gif

Guess who.... idea.gif
Ferg
I felt it too...

Howie? driving.gif

Ferg
KaptKaos
Its as if 5000 people cried out at once, and then were silenced.
Howard
confused24.gif 911's are air cooled.
Ferg
cough up the pics funnyman

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

Ferg cool_shades.gif
dlo914
QUOTE (Ferg @ Mar 23 2006, 06:10 PM)
cough up the pics funnyman

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

Ferg cool_shades.gif

or we'll beat you w/ your own hose! lol2.gif hehe i kid funny mang wink.gif
Howard
Hey guys, it's just a car to drive. Not like it's a 914 biggrin.gif
Is there a motor in here? Where's the TPS? Distributor? Does it have spark plug wires?

Howard
Blue, ain't it?
Howard
Shot with the AndyCam.
Joe Bob
QUOTE (Howard @ Mar 23 2006, 07:46 PM)
Shot with the AndyCam.

Does this color make my ass look big?
Howard
I prefer to think of it as having broad shoulders. Will this help me get chicks?
914-8
Phew, it's a waterfilled 996.

That's like a rear engined Lexus, only without the stigma of reliability.

For a second, I thought you meant someone bought a REAL 911!

ar15.gif
jimtab
OUCH!!!!!! av-943.gif popcorn[1].gif
Joe Bob
Let the stromberg.gif slinging begin.... mueba.gif
drew365
I'm jealous. I'll trade you a Ferrari for a Porsche for a day!
1.7 914 guys need not reply to that offer. biggrin.gif
Lou W
Nice Car smilie_pokal.gif
boxstr
I was wondering who bought that car. Good luck.
CCLINCARFAX
Joe Bob
Tell them about the GOOD part, gehead, gehead,....the good part, yeah....c'mon Unca How....tell them.....
Howard
QUOTE (drew365 @ Mar 23 2006, 07:18 PM)
I'm jealous. I'll trade you a Ferrari for a Porsche for a day!
1.7 914 guys need not reply to that offer. biggrin.gif

You're on. Can I borrow the gold chains? poke.gif
What's the good part, * ?
Joe Bob
The engine part you dimbulb..... dry.gif
Howard
QUOTE (914-8 @ Mar 23 2006, 06:51 PM)

That's like a rear engined Lexus, only without the stigma of reliability.

ar15.gif

Wait, there's more! It's TIPTRONIC!

But back to the whole car story, saw it a couple of weeks ago in my endless pursuit to acquire all the 914's in the Western World that Camp 914 has missed.

The teener was a bomb, but here sat this 996 at a really good price. Lots of miles, 90K, and reliability was a question with the early wasserboxers. But the more I thought about it:

996's weigh almost 200lbs less than 993's confused24.gif
They run an average of 3 seconds per lap faster at Streets and the big track.
Saw Mike's notes on the Boxster with a new 996 crate motor being less than $10k installed. Since this car was about $10k less than market...

So I got the VIN, ran the carfax, all is well. Call the original selling dealer (Pacific). Great service manager, buy anything you can from them. He says, 'Oh, that car. Buy it!'

Says it just had 90K service 2500 miles ago, new pads/rotors, flush all fluids, etc., and by the way, we put a new engine in it at around 60k miles. New Kumhos all around. Oy, such a deal!

BTW, I have a month of CARFAX. Email (NOT PM) the vin if anyone needs one.
G e o r g e
smilie_pokal.gif looks good howard.
LvSteveH
I just bought two 911's, but at least they are air cooled, one will be giving it's essence to a 914 though. I'm still not sure I like them. It just doesn't feel right. I feel like my "essence" gets smaller every time I drive one of them confused24.gif
Elliot_Cannon
TIPTRONIC? Man you are getting old. So I guess you'll be spending all your tiime on the 911 Bird Board.
Elliot
LvSteveH
QUOTE (Elliot Cannon @ Mar 23 2006, 09:03 PM)
So I guess you'll be spending all your tiime on the 911 Bird Board.
          Elliot

They are awfully sensitive over there. Must be all the estrogen.

av-943.gif
ppickerell
Nice ride, now you can go to 6speedonline. "Dude, I just flashed my chip, got an EVO intake, and a Misha wing!"
Oh wait, do they allow Tip car owners to log in there?
Joe Bob
Didn't you want the masculine model?
Howard
FUCK ALL Y'ALL. wub.gif
I've got 300hp, you don't, and Drew will let me drive his Ferrari.

And have you heard? Porsche is going back to air cooling.

NOT!
914-8
QUOTE (Howard @ Mar 23 2006, 09:55 PM)
FUCK ALL Y'ALL.  :wub:  
I've got 300hp, you don't,

Well, you do have a point there.

Although maybe I'll pull a plug wire and that'll put me down to *only* 300, just like you!

beer.gif
Howard
QUOTE (914-8 @ Mar 23 2006, 10:10 PM)
QUOTE (Howard @ Mar 23 2006, 09:55 PM)
FUCK ALL Y'ALL.  :wub:  
I've got 300hp, you don't,

Well, you do have a point there.

Although maybe I'll pull a plug wire and that'll put me down to *only* 300, just like you!

POC track day at Streets of Willow coming up. Want me to beat you with the 2.0, V8, or the slushomatic?
Joe Bob
Well you don't have to worry about heel and toe in high heeled pumps....no clutch..... cool_shades.gif
914-8
Ahh, you can't get me there.

I gave up my AX and track days 10 years ago.

I suck at it, and I know it!

(P.S. PM me your e-mail and I'll send you some pics and info on my new ride)
914-8
QUOTE ("*" @ Mar 23 2006, 10:18 PM)
Well you don't have to worry about heel and toe in high heeled pumps....no clutch..... cool_shades.gif

On the other hand, doesn't it have a push button shifting transmission, "JUST LIKE A FORMULA ONE CAR!!!!"

av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif
Howard
Dude, I'm 64 years old, balding, overweight, and taking mind altering drugs. You gave up the track? Wuss!

Edit. It does have pushbutton shifting. Asshole sold me the car without an owners manual. I thought I was turning up the strereo and got sideways.
grantsfo
Hey! Is that one of those rear engined Boxsters? cool_shades.gif
dekman
NICE "SENIOR VEHICLE" HOWARD! Now, all you need is a handicaped plate................................will the "walker " fit in the trunk? What has happened to our fearless leader?.......... screwy.gif
Howard
I didn't get this much shit when I drove my Hyundai to WCC. You guys are harsh! Can't get on the Bird Board 911 thingy, cause it's a water pumper, and can't play with the other group with the Tip.

I just feel so alone and must just give away the car. Anyone wanna just come get it and save me from the shame?
rick 918-S
Nice donor! smash.gif sawzall-smiley.gif welder.gif w00t.gif laugh.gif lol2.gif happy11.gif

Couldn't resist! confused24.gif happy11.gif
MattR
nice car

nice buy

you scored howie. i've said it before and i'll say it again. the best porsche ever made is the latest 911.

oh shit... wrong forum
Howard
QUOTE (rick 918-S @ Mar 23 2006, 10:52 PM)
Nice donor! smash.gif sawzall-smiley.gif welder.gif w00t.gif laugh.gif lol2.gif happy11.gif

Couldn't resist! confused24.gif happy11.gif

That's what it says on the back of my DL. My son said it out to say 'recipient' biggrin.gif
Thanks, Matt, I saw your post on the bird.
Rob, Marianne has one of those stickers from her knee surgery. Think I'll slap it on next event and go for the sympathy vote.
TonyAKAVW
idea.gif

Didn't you just start a thread the other day about a "dream car" that is COMPLETELY THE OPPOSITE of this car? biggrin.gif

-Tony
Howard
OK, I overspent by 6K and 900 lbs. But this is transport, not a dream car. Get back to work. biggrin.gif
Scott Carlberg
QUOTE (ppickerell @ Mar 23 2006, 09:14 PM)
Nice ride, now you can go to 6speedonline. "Dude, I just flashed my chip, got an EVO intake, and a Misha wing!"
Oh wait, do they allow Tip car owners to log in there?

Tiptronic doing the Qtr mile in 10.62 seconds

Well, that AND Twin Turbo's.

Nice find Howard. clap56.gif clap56.gif clap56.gif
fiid
Subie conversion!!!

chairfall.gif lol2.gif lol2.gif

Then you could put the motor in a real car smile.gif

Seriously tho - looks like a sweet ride. The "getting sideways with the volume control" story made me LOL.
Joe Bob
At least ya coulda got a convertible so you could let the wind blow thru what's LEFT of your hair..... chairfall.gif chairfall.gif chairfall.gif chairfall.gif

Does it have a cupholder????

BTW....bring it up today.....I gots the day off.....paid for by de gubmint.....yer tax dollars at work. finger.gif
olav
QUOTE (Howard @ Mar 23 2006, 07:55 PM)
QUOTE (914-8 @ Mar 23 2006, 06:51 PM)

That's like a rear engined Lexus, only without the stigma of  reliability.

ar15.gif

Wait, there's more! It's TIPTRONIC!

But back to the whole car story, saw it a couple of weeks ago in my endless pursuit to acquire all the 914's in the Western World that Camp 914 has missed.

The teener was a bomb, but here sat this 996 at a really good price. Lots of miles, 90K, and reliability was a question with the early wasserboxers. But the more I thought about it:

996's weigh almost 200lbs less than 993's confused24.gif
They run an average of 3 seconds per lap faster at Streets and the big track.
Saw Mike's notes on the Boxster with a new 996 crate motor being less than $10k installed. Since this car was about $10k less than market...

So I got the VIN, ran the carfax, all is well. Call the original selling dealer (Pacific). Great service manager, buy anything you can from them. He says, 'Oh, that car. Buy it!'

Says it just had 90K service 2500 miles ago, new pads/rotors, flush all fluids, etc., and by the way, we put a new engine in it at around 60k miles. New Kumhos all around. Oy, such a deal!

BTW, I have a month of CARFAX. Email (NOT PM) the vin if anyone needs one.

The 996 is 200lbs lighter than a 993?

The 996 Tiptronic weighs even more than manual trans 996s.

I thought a 993 weighs in at 3014lbs(1370Kg) the C2 variety.

993 Data Sheet
Howard
Olav, here's the stuff from POC. Tip's are heavier, of course.
Howard
The classes are (s)tock, (i)mproved, and (p)repared.
Lap record for 914/4 improved is 1:18.736
Eric Taylor
QUOTE (Howard @ Mar 23 2006, 11:22 PM)
Dude, I'm 64 years old, balding, overweight, and taking mind altering drugs. You gave up the track? Wuss!

Edit. It does have pushbutton shifting. Asshole sold me the car without an owners manual. I thought I was turning up the strereo and got sideways.

LOL - that made my day

That's an awesome car. I got to drive a 99 like yours that was a 6 speed and it's a fricking blast. I would give one of my left nuts for one ( as long as it dosn't go towards a 6 first smile.gif ) Have fun howard that's gona be a great car for a lot of miles and a hell of a kick in the ass in the process.

Eric

oh yeah - more pictures please smile.gif she's pretty.
Carlitos Way
Damn, Howard!!!!... I thought they meant something else when they called you an ass dragger!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.