Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bernie Bergmann Engines
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Scott
I have seen Bernie Bergmann ads...advertising their type IVs (even listing 914 blocks among the choices). All the way up to 2840cc...200 hp/180 ft.lbs ...and VERY reliable. I figure that if they were all that great. all Teeners would be putting them in there cars. Just checking with the BBS to see if what experience anyone has had or heard about the engines and the company.

I have talked to FAT Performance and I am sure that they make a better engine but they can't build the Hp and Torque BB claims. About 135 hp and 130 ft lbs. (daily driver and maybe an autocross 3 time a year).

So I'm just gathering info for when it comes time to rebuild/replace my engine. And...No..I don't want to go to a 6.
Brad Roberts
I have heard bad things.. and tossed them out the window. If the guy was THAT damn bad.. he wouldnt be able to afford 1/2 and full page ads in HOT VW's magazine for the last 20 years.

I will follow this thread closely to see what the SoCal guys' have to say.. because I have heard nothing good about this guy/

Oh.. I have a buyer for your 2.0 at 1800$ if you want to part with it RIGHT NOW (like Monday or Tuesday)

B
Scott
Yes I figured that the SoCal guys would give me some valuable input as well as you..oh wise master. Right now my 2.0 is all I have to get me back on the road. Once I get more money coming in from those other part sales I can thing about the change. Until then I guess I will be running it myself. Great price though. Thank you for thinking of me. Any word, on any takers of my 2 15x8 fuchs with the Dunlop 8000 sport 245x50x15s???
tat2dphreak
peep shoptalkforums.com... they say good things about BBs T-1 stuff... BAD things about type 4 stuff.. I guess you convert your 914 to type 1?! laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.