Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 Cover Girl
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Gary
Hemmings Sports and Exotics is turning out to be a pretty good rag. Older cars, big European influence, quality printing, good copy, reasonably priced. This month's has a buyers guide for our teeners, a 356 resto, an article on a MB 230SL, and one on a Triumph GT6. Good stuff. Not a schill, just a happy subscriber.

April 06 issue.
olav
Haven't we seen this before?

First Thread
Root_Werks
Good read. smile.gif
70Sixter
Except for plugging AA and quoting George Hussey (especially disparaging remarks about 914-6s) and a few minor errors (like 914-6 power at 125 DIN instead of SAE and IDF carbs instead of IDTs) it was a nice piece. Especially nice to see 914 on the cover!

Wish they referred to this non-club under Club Cornor. beerchug.gif
Dave_Darling
Hey, I plugged the hell out of the non-club when they had me fact-check the article! (I believe the carbs are IDA3Cs, by the way.)

--DD
70Sixter
QUOTE (Dave_Darling @ Mar 24 2006, 07:55 AM)
Hey, I plugged the hell out of the non-club when they had me fact-check the article!  (I believe the carbs are IDA3Cs, by the way.)

--DD

DD's comments were totally rational. He deserves a plug and musta been too modest to push the article in this forum.

No hijack intended, but...

The 914-6 and some carb'd Ts had 40 IDTPs. As far as I know, all carb'd 911Ss had 40 IDS carbs. Some early 911s had 40 IDA or IDAP carbs. As I understand it, they are all from the same happy Weber family. beerchug.gif
greg.treadway
Good job Dave. Always nice to see the 914 in print.
Joe Bob
He's alive...... cool_shades.gif
JPB
Gotta get this issue!

popcorn[1].gif
TROJANMAN
QUOTE (70Sixter @ Mar 24 2006, 07:44 AM)
Especially nice to see 914 on the cover!

and even especiallier nice to see a Big Black Bumper car wub.gif

Wish they referred to this non-club under Club Cornor. beerchug.gif

at least the guy is wearing a non-club hat biggrin.gif

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.