Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tinted Glass
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
BIGKAT_83
On the later 75/76 cars with factory tinted glass was the rear window also green tinted? I have two parts cars with the tinted glass and both of them have clear back glass. confused24.gif

Bob
bd1308
tinted windows?

HUH?

like window film, or the window itself was tinted?

b
Dead Air
A few cars were factory tint but I don't know which. We saw one at the PorVolk's fest at Mark Henry's place.
Allan
My '75 had the original windshield and it was tinted. The rear was clear.
sixnotfour
i think the heated rears are tinted, I have 1 76 tinted windows not the back, another has no tinted glass.
tinted = shaded?
SirAndy
QUOTE (BIGKAT_83 @ Mar 24 2006, 06:40 AM)
I have two parts cars with the tinted glass and both of them have clear back glass.

i have seen a few tinted rear windows, but i don't know when/where they were used originally.

i have a whole set of green(ish) tinted windows on my car, except the rear window.
cool.gif Andy
maf914
My 76 has tinted glass, front and sides, but I honestly cannot say for sure if the rear is or not. Lot's of help, huh? I'll check tonight.
tod914
My '75 had the original windshield and it was tinted. The rear was clear

same on my 75
rjames
agree.gif

Ditto.
BIGKAT_83
Thanks.......... I talked with someone today and they confirmed that the back was always clear with all others tinted green from the factory.

biggrin.gif Bob :huh biggrin.gif
914Sixer
All back windows were clear whether they were heated or plain. I have been taking to the local glass place about making up some tinted ones out of flat car glass and they said it could be done. No price yet.
Bleyseng
Yes, all tinted on mine except the rear glass. What is point of tinting the back as its not like someone can even see in there? confused24.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.