Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: High Idle, odd stalling
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jsf322
I just finished replacing all of my vacuum lines and the inner and outer fuel injector seals as well as all of the fuel lines in the engine bay. Now the car idles at about 1000-1200 RPM and sometimes faster, especially if I hit the pedal hard. If I just barely touch the pedal to the point that the engine would normally pick up only a few RPMs the engine starts to die. If I press the pedal a little furhter it revs fine with no sputtering. I have double checked for any hoses off or not properly attached and cannot find any. I may have bumped the air screw on the throttle body when I replaced the air breather. Could that be the problem and if so what is the proper way to adjust it. My car is a 76 2.0 with no PCV or air pump.
lapuwali
High idle on D-Jet is usually a vacuum leak. Double check all those vacuum hoses you just replaced. Too much ignition advance will also cause a high idle, but since you just messed with the vacuum hoses, that's more likely.
krazykonrad
try the throttle body gasket as well (between throttle body and intake) when the part comes in, I hope this and changing the pressure senor will back mine off from idling at 2900-3200!
Konrad blink.gif
72/4
jsf322
Thanks for the input. I actually got it to back down and idle better after adjusting the airscrew on the throttle body. It was turned almost al the way out and you could hear it sucking a lot of air. I don't know why this didn't make it idle high before though. I do plan on changing the throttle body gasket when I can get or make one. Thanks
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.