Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Garage find. No Porsche Content
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Hawktel
Okay its a rough picture, But under that linolem is a car. I was peeking over the fence into my old reclusive neighbor's carport. Anyone got a make or model?

Try this URL for a better picture.

Photo
Hawktel
Hold on I know that picture sucks let me load it elsewhere.
Mueller
i nominate that for worst photograph of the day smile.gif

are you sure there is a car in that photo?? biggrin.gif
porschecb
Uh. You see a car?
Hawktel
You blind old guys. Here is a better picture.
914forme
Looks like a early sears tables saw car. It is upside down right now, must be getting that single narrow serated blade (uhh I mean wheel fixed). wink.gif

No really where is the car? confused24.gif
Rand
Model A?

You can make out the whitewall tire and part of a fender too.
914forme
I see it now, but no idea what it is, early 20-30s looks like the start of a streeet rod project.
alpha434
QUOTE (Hawktel @ Mar 24 2006, 04:24 PM)
You blind old guys. Here is a better picture.

You're nuts, dude. You can't see anything in that picture.

Get all the crap off of whatever's there and then take the picture.
dead horse.gif
Aaron Cox
Model T?

i smell a ratrod!
Hawktel
I doubt I can do that. I've not pissed him off, but someone got him up to a slow burn long ago, and he hasn't calmed down yet. I've been working on him though, I think another couple months, I can ask him what he has got.
spunone
Is this like a where's Waldo but with a car chairfall.gif
Rand
Will be interesting to find out the history. The tires are definitely newer than the body, so someone has done some work on it at one point.
alpha434
QUOTE (Hawktel @ Mar 24 2006, 04:35 PM)
I doubt I can do that. I've not pissed him off, but someone got him up to a slow burn long ago, and he hasn't calmed down yet. I've been working on him though, I think another couple months, I can ask him what he has got.

Dude. Here in guyland, we just ask. Girls are the ones who tiptoe and play politics.

Try this; Call him up. Say, "Hey. How's the wife and kids? Oh. And by the way, what kind of car is that sitting in your garage."

If he gets butt-hurt over a conversation like that, then it's not worth knowing.
degreeoff
RAT ROD!!!!
alpha434
QUOTE (Rand @ Mar 24 2006, 04:38 PM)
Will be interesting to find out the history. The tires are definitely newer than the body, so someone has done some work on it at one point.

How can you tell?!?!
Hawktel
Lol. Its not that easy. He kinda shot at my dog once. I kinda threatened his that his 40 year old son would look better as the hood ordament on a 91 jeep.

Like I said, I'm working on him
SirAndy
QUOTE (alpha434 @ Mar 24 2006, 04:41 PM)
Dude. Here in guyland, we just ask. Girls are the ones who tiptoe and play politics.

you haven't met Ed yet, have you?

i bet you would bite your tongue if you knew him ...
biggrin.gif Andy
Rand
QUOTE (alpha434 @ Mar 24 2006, 04:42 PM)
QUOTE (Rand @ Mar 24 2006, 04:38 PM)

How can you tell?!?!

The bodywork you see in the red circle is from an earlier vintage than the more modern-sized tire you can see below it. I would bet the car originally had larger diameter spoked wheels.

user posted image
alpha434
QUOTE (Hawktel @ Mar 24 2006, 04:45 PM)
Lol. Its not that easy. He kinda shot at my dog once. I kinda threatened his that his 40 year old son would look better as the hood ordament on a 91 jeep.

Like I said, I'm working on him

Yeah. That's deep. Good luck, man. You're going to need it.
bernbomb914
it looks like an old ford 27-29 T or A. The square windshield frame places it in that age bracket. I THINK its only a guess

Bernie
ewdysar
I'd guess Model A, if Ford. If there's a hole at the top of the cowl for the fuel fill, it's an "A". Doesn't appear to have the firewall hardware for the 4 coil ignition that a "T" uses. If not Ford, something between 1925 and 1932, there's a Late '20's Chevy that looks like that...

Eric
Joe Bob
Guns and hood ornaments.....gud mix there, Bubba.
Hawktel
Its Utah. A morman in every bar, and gun in every house.
Howard
QUOTE (bernbomb914 @ Mar 24 2006, 05:24 PM)
it looks like an old ford 27-29 T or A. The square windshield frame places it in that age bracket. I THINK its only a guess

Bernie

agree.gif 29A Roadster or Roadster pickup. Yes, I had one. No, i didn't buy it new wacko.gif
TINCAN914
I don't know looks like a side view of one of these., just a little rust, kind of ironic huh?... laugh.gif
boxstr
It is a 29 Ford, I also had one.
CCLINFORDORFURY
boxstr
Other side.
Lou W
Sorry dude, you're too late, Craig's probably already bought it. laugh.gif

CCTOOFAST4U biggrin.gif
boxstr
CCLIN av-943.gif
Howard
Today 914's. Tomorrow the World! We vill own all your Model A's!
nomore9one4

Take him over some muffins. lol2.gif If that does not work sleep with his wife!
Dead Air
QUOTE (Rand @ Mar 24 2006, 04:25 PM)
Model A?

[QUOTE]

agree.gif
My father built up a Model A back in the day! He told me a while back what he had done to it, but I couldn't understand all the "flat head" speak!
tdgray
QUOTE (boboli914@att.net @ Mar 25 2006, 09:30 AM)

Sounds like personal experience to me laugh.gif
nomore9one4
QUOTE (Dead Air @ Mar 25 2006, 05:57 AM)
QUOTE (Rand @ Mar 24 2006, 04:25 PM)
Model A?

[QUOTE]

agree.gif
My father built up a Model A back in the day! He told me a while back what he had done to it, but I couldn't understand all the "flat head" speak!

I think thats a insult! lol2.gif
Katmanken
Ummmm

Be careful with crazy old farts with guns...

(if they have bunny ears they are OK) biggrin.gif

We just had some old guy in Cincinnati blast a teenager for stepping in his yard. The kid is dead.

The old guy was on a slow simmer for a long time.... blink.gif

Kenanoldguywithnogunz
drewvw

What if I showed up at his door in one of those mustache and glasses disguises and said "Hmmmm, well, you see...look at that car!"

would that work? Sorry I have no pictures of myself in the getup...
nomore9one4
QUOTE (tdgray @ Mar 25 2006, 06:09 AM)
QUOTE (boboli914@att.net @ Mar 25 2006, 09:30 AM)

Sounds like personal experience to me laugh.gif

Yes, Its how I got rid of my Chevy Vega! av-943.gif
Hawktel
Well I braced the old man. Found out he hates his sone.

He says its a 29 model A roaster with a rumple seat. He wants 8 grand. Says he hasit all but the running boards. He says its straight, and never been wrecked. Not a dent in it

Is that car worth 8 grand?
r_towle
no.
you can get a clean redone one for 10-14k depending upon condition

If it has a great motor and lots of goodies to go with it...6-7k

Otherwise 3-5k is what the market will bear right now.

You are his neighbor...offer him what you think its worth and wait.

Rich
TJB/914
Hawktel (Ed)

Great find next door. Rich Towle is right on with pricing based on what I see. It's probably not as mint as your neighbor thinks it is. It's a good deal if you buy it right.

Do a search on "Brookville Roadster, Inc" out of Brooksville, Ohio. They make steel 29- 32 Ford body's and they list the 29 roadster body @ $5,800.00 Keep in mind thats a "new steel" bare body.

Tom
BTW
Here's a picture of my first hot rod, I built back in the mid 50's. It's a 1929 Ford Roadster body on 32 rails with a full flathead motor. Yea, I was a cool dude back then. I later replaced the flathead v/8 motor with a Corvette F.I. motor. Fun car
jd74914
Does anyone know exactly what this is? Is it worth anything, its not in nearly as bad condition as the pictures would seem to show.
cool.gif
KELTY360
Looks like a later Model T, say '25-'27. That Model A Roadster is a nice find. Not worth a lot of money but could be a fun car, although if the CG were about 12" lower it could be really fun.

Marc
SLITS
Krap, first we engage the X1/9 Forum headon and now we got a bunch of peepng toms shootin' images over fences and thru trees.....What's next?

BTW....that's "rumble seat" not "rumple seat" unless you're a stilskin.

av-943.gif

I think I'll go to bed now.... yellowsleep[1].gif
jd74914
QUOTE (KELTY360 @ Mar 27 2006, 08:08 PM)
Looks like a later Model T, say '25-'27. That Model A Roadster is a nice find. Not worth a lot of money but could be a fun car, although if the CG were about 12" lower it could be really fun.

Marc

Cool, so it definately is an A.

Thanks Slits. dry.gif laugh.gif I walked thru the yard today actually, its a good thing the owners are those radical republicans who shoot people. laugh.gif
nocones
Looks like the 26' "tall T" I used to own.
Neat car.
Eric_Shea

No.

Cool, so it definately is an A

No. Yours is a 'T'. Ed's neighbors car is an 'A'
jd74914
QUOTE (Eric_Shea @ Mar 27 2006, 09:35 PM)

No.

Cool, so it definately is an A

No. Yours is a 'T'. Ed's neighbors car is an 'A'

God I am dumb. Thanks for the clarification smile.gif
Hawktel
I'm not interested in owning the car. A local friend is semi interested, and he is contimplating rolling by with the old 5 grand in cash with a trailer hooked up ready to take it away.

If I was going to dump 8G's in a car, I'd try to add what I needed to it and try to weasel Eric's 73 rsr project out of him. biggrin.gif
Eric_Shea
I wouldn't even pay 5k for it.

Come on by Wed. You can help weasle it out of the garage and on to the Airpower Racing trailer. They're coming by to grab it and get her running. biggrin.gif

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.