Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Odd Short No 914 content.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Howard
It's hard to post this with a straight face, but I swear it's true. 996 problem. Stepping on the brakes firmly (not stomping them) sets off the horn. Kinda scares the crap out of people in crosswalks and causes raised fingers. Know I will get some funny answers here, but one real one would be good.

confused24.gif
dekman
av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif sheeplove.gif
alpha434
No. That was a factory option for 996s. Normal operation. Return it to the owner like it is.

av-943.gif
bondo
Watch out.. an old lady might set off your airbag... laugh.gif
Aaron Cox
ROFL howie!!!

that option comes hand in hand with the sliptronic piratenanner.gif
Mueller
I believe you have one of these stuck under your brake pedal...
dekman
I know...I know....it's a water leak!!!!!!!!!!!!! drooley.gif
Howard
What a bunch of maroons rolleyes.gif
alpha434
I know how to fix it!!! smash.gif smash.gif smash.gif smash.gif smash.gif smash.gif smash.gif smash.gif smash.gif smash.gif smash.gif smash.gif smash.gif smash.gif smash.gif smash.gif

Wait! You didn't want actual HELP with this, did you???

There's so much wiring in there that you might be best off to just completely rewire the horn. It's funny that the horn is in the front and the brake lights run to the rear. Jeeze.

Joe Bob
Yew fergot to menshun the flying fickle finger of fate that also pops up while braking.....oh wait....that would be yer toupee.
KELTY360
Turn the A/C off. It's a cold short. dry.gif

Marc
BMITCHELL
Somebody put in a mercury switch with a hot lead to the horn. We pulled this prank about 20 years ago on a mustang. Works great when your buddy is in traffic behind a big rig driver with an attitude. biggrin.gif
alpha434
WHAT!?!?!?!

TELL ME MORE!!!
Howard
Z, Mary set it off when she drove the car today. Ask her. BTW, she likes me better finger.gif
alpha434
Where do you buy mercury switches now?

biggrin.gif
bd1308
QUOTE (alpha434 @ Mar 25 2006, 12:52 AM)
Where do you buy mercury switches now?

biggrin.gif

thermostats man.....

any old-school dial thermostat has one in it.

dont crack it though...mercury is fun but look at how I turned out. Dont do it.

b
MecGen
Hey

I suspect you made all the checks for crushed wires under the brake pedal. ... wacko.gif
Is it possible that the brake fluid level is low, under hard braking, the brake oil is sloshing to the front of the reservior, triping the level sensor to ground, supposidly turning on your dash lite. If by any chance you have a mixed up ground, bad ground, etc... it is possible it will pull a ground thru the horn.... confused24.gif

Its a long shot, let us know what you find.
Later

beer.gif
Joe Bob
Sawzall time.... unsure.gif
Katmanken
OK,

How bigga wad of keys do you have?

Did one slip between the steering wheel and the steering column?

Stomp on the brakes and the key moves forward shorting the horn.....BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!

No, that can't be it. Ya left the top down and the car filled with water. When you brake, it sloshes forward and shorts the horn.... Yeah, that;s it! mueba.gif

Ken
TINCAN914
av-943.gif I wish I knew... Allthough I wouldn't tell you if I did. This is much funnier... av-943.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.