Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2.0 heat exchangers....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
scottb
not my auction but so far the price is right......

2.0 exhaust

no association etc...etc...etc...
Brando
Stainless too. A little dinged but well worth it. Someone's going to get a steal.
VaccaRabite
$50 for shipping?!

In 4 days left int he auction I bet they are around $200-$300, then the winner is going to get further raped by the shipping charges. Only really a deal if the auction ends for less then ~$180.

My opinion, of course.

Zach
rhodyguy
the shipping via the USPS is not that much out of line. near over size with some weight. the USPS rules have changed along with the recent rate increase. even a long skinny box gets measured and there may be a surcharge. i mailed a long mirrior that didn't weigh anything. about $9 and change. i think those same hes are for sale in the classifieds.

also...what's the problem with somebody making a few puny dollars after sourcing a box, packing things up, driving to the po, standing in line, then driving home? the shipping costs are stated upfront in the ad. no mysteries. wtp?

k
anthony
Agreed. Make your bids based on the total price including shipping then it doesn't matter whether shipping is $10 or $100.

TROJANMAN
i just shipped a set, plus muffler, tubes, and hanger
from TX to CO for $30.

wink.gif
rmital
Jim Kelly high bidder now....

....jim...how many sets of Heat Exchangers do you actually need??
ConeDodger
QUOTE (rmital @ Mar 25 2006, 09:31 AM)
Jim Kelly high bidder now....

....jim...how many sets of Heat Exchangers do you actually need??

Given that what is left on the shelf at SSI is "it" and that the ones you see "available" at Automobile Atlanta are not really available I would guess that Jim is trying to corner a little bit of the market. They sell for $1100 + new but you cannot buy them new.
Anyone who has a set is in good shape since they are about to become "unobtainium".
I would guess that they would go for a lot more than $180 + shipping as one poster put it. MY guess is going to be in the $400 + shipping range. Also mine, which were shipped to me from Kentucky to California were in the $50.00 range for shipping. These aren't mine, and when I do sell on Ebay I sell actual shipping cost but for a stated shipping price this is not out of line.
newto914s
I don't understand what people get out of bidding on an item with almost 4 days left. wacko.gif
TROJANMAN
QUOTE (newto914s @ Mar 25 2006, 11:13 AM)
I don't understand what people get out of bidding on an item with almost 4 days left. wacko.gif

it makes me humpy.gif

wacko.gif
rhodyguy
given that the remaining new ones are dwindling fast, i wonder what the new benchmark will be for a nice used set. i guess having 3 sets of 2.0s actually is "money in the bank".

k
jimkelly
FWIW - and the clear up my pointed out penchent for stainless steel - it is hard to score any SSHE's regardless of style for less than $200. Most of what is available are the 1.7/1.8 type which are as good as the 2.0 type but require a different hanger and muffler. It is just a fact that for some - having the engine specific style is very important and I can understand that fully. My initial thought was to get a few sets cheap but ebay bidding usually does not work out that way. Besides the 2.0 style set that is on my car - and the set my buddy had on his - the bunged set I sold recently - I had at one time 3 sets. One set I had was soooo sweet that I traded my buddy his nice bunged set for them - they are now bunged too : ) Anyway - I have since sold two sets to club members and have two sets left, a 1.7/1.8 set for $340 plus shipping and my 2.0 style set which is already promised to another 914club-er. I was gonna try to make a killing but then decided that all the ebay hassles and ebay fees and paypal fees were not worth it so I decided to make available to you guys at a small profit after my purchase price and shipping. I figure that some of us ain't really good ebayers - nethier am I. I - in regards to the current set on ebay with 4 days to go. There has not been a set on ebay in weeksssss so I started at $150 and then at $225 (+$50 shipping) but it will no doubt go higher - if I win - great - if not oh well - it will only be one less set I get to pass on to you guys at a fair price. I am not looking to rip off my 914club brothers and sisters - just to be clear!
rhodyguy
jim, there's no foul in making a few bucks. no need to explain or justify. i saw your name and mistook you as the seller.

k
jimkelly
QUOTE (rhodyguy @ Mar 25 2006, 12:28 PM)
jim, there's no foul in making a few bucks. no need to explain or justify. i saw your name and mistook you as the seller.

k

We're cool biggrin.gif

I just wanted to put my integrity in writting.

Jim
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.