Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Oil lines
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DanT
for you folks that did it this way.
what techniques, dos and don'ts for getting from point A to point B?

Fish tape to pull it thru?

Or are you able to just push it thru?
I am going from front trunk, under gas tank up over fire wall, down into cowel hot air duct, behind speaker grill area, into the long and out the back to the sandwich plate.
J P Stein
Push it thru....where ya can.
J P Stein
bla,bla
Not a great pic.
There's a plastic oval shaped knockout in the long behind that gear shift knob....or was.
J P Stein
bla,bla
reruns
Tobra
I would put a short piece of radiator hose or some other grommet where the lines come through the hole. That is very cool though, am contemplating oil cooler locations now, how well does that work, can the air get out the back of the trunk adequately through those holes, or is hood louverd or ducted?
J P Stein
QUOTE (Tobra @ Apr 2 2006, 11:53 AM)
I would put a short piece of radiator hose or some other grommet where the lines come through the hole. That is very cool though, am contemplating oil cooler locations now, how well does that work, can the air get out the back of the trunk adequately through those holes, or is hood louverd or ducted?

That's it.
I've never seen over 100C (212F) on the gauge and it ain't from lack of trying. 150 minutes of DE....the trans got HOT, but not the motor.....2 driver AX in 90 deg weather.....I was prepared to knock some more holes, but.....

Grommets in all holes but those by the thermo.
john rogers
When I redid mine from-10 to -12 I used a section of like sized garden hose to set the right length and then had the hoses cut, flushed and plugged at Earl's in San Diego. That way they would not be too short, as that stuff is realy hard to stretch!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.