Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: ebay
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bd1308
so I bought this upgrade processor from a dude on ebay for my mac.

Its been like a week, and he hasnt done anything. He has my money, and he only wrote me one email after my consistant asking about the status of getting my processor shipped.

How long should I wait till I report it not recieved? I mean this guy didn't even send it out yet.

here's his bogus email:

Hi,

I’ve just returned to discover the package was not yet sent out. I do sincerely apologize and promise the card will be sent out tomorrow first thing tomorrow morning. I’ve been out of town and left the responsibility to send out your card with someone else, which obviously didn’t happen. Again I’m sorry but everything will be taken care of tomorrow and a tracking number will be emailed to you. Thank you.

But ya know: tomorrow was last monday and he hasnt sent me anything else.

bs.gif

b
TINCAN914
Hell a week is long enough for me. I have been overly sensative lately with stuff on e- bay in part due to this board. Maybe send one more e-mail telling him if it dosen't shpi today, you will file a complaint. Good luck.
rhodyguy
stay on him britt. ask for a tracking #. credit card purchase? you should be throwing your cash at the 914, not computer stuff anyway.

k
drewvw

The tone of the message isn't filling me with confidence....whats his feedback like?
bd1308
well turns out that it was sitting at the front foor in a drawer, and nobody bothered to tell me until later.

so i wrote the person back and told them sorry etc.etc.

put it in my computer, and nothing....locks up. I'm pissed.

b

ps=kev, this summer is where my 914 money will come from cool_shades.gif

bd1308
Oh, this gets intresting cool_shades.gif

teh seller is from Costa Mesa,CA. hmmm, maybe if things dont go my way, someone could help me out--a 'relative'?

b
bondo
QUOTE (bd1308 @ Mar 25 2006, 08:54 AM)
Oh, this gets intresting cool_shades.gif

teh seller is from Costa Mesa,CA. hmmm, maybe if things dont go my way, someone could help me out--a 'relative'?

b

Maybe it's stromberg.gif !!! lol2.gif
iamchappy
I upgraded my Mac cpu with one of these 1.4 ghz works great plug and play no problems. If you cant get yours to work and need another option.

http://eshop.macsales.com/shop/accelerator...ercury-Extreme/
bd1308
LMAO.

dude, I have this mac....

http://www.lowendmac.com/moto/4000.shtml

I got a 400Mhz Sonnet L2 cache card for it.

it's modded, I dont need it to do much but I like old stuff, dunno why. It's my sleeper mac.

b
bd1308
here's what I wrote this person...I fully intend to call my lawyer buddy:

I expect either a refund or a replacement as my "new" sonnet card was opened before I received it AND doesn't work in my machine after several ram sticks were tried--even up to replacing the motherboard. If I don't get a response within reasonable time, I will report this to eBay. If it were used, this would be a different story--but new is new and there is even a three year guarantee--but no registration information was included, nor did the box look anywhere near 'new'...

I have several contacts who are lawyers, so through some means this WILL be straightened out. It doesn't take much to prove that the water-damaged box with the used sonnet upgrade was misrepresented in the auction.

b
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.