Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: '74 2.0 LE Painting Project
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
RangerRhett
Well...

For anyone who cares... I thought I would post some pics and provide some updates on my painting project...

I started painting the 914 in my garage with a paint-and-body guy...
Turns out that the paint and body guy I was working with was only slightly unreliable as I havn't heard from him since January. The gentleman also left many tools at my house, so I assume I will hear from him again someday.

In the meanwhile...
I ended up taking it to a professional shop, as was the recommendation of many posters on this board. Much to my great resistance...

(I wanted to learn how to do paint so badly!!!....*dang* )

Anyway... The body shop doing the work has been allowing me to take pictures at the different stages of the process...

Enjoy!
RangerRhett
pic2
RangerRhett
pic3
RangerRhett
pic4
RangerRhett
pic5
RangerRhett
pic6
RangerRhett
Should be done Tues/Wednesday.... Can't Wait!!!!!!
nomore9one4
smilie_pokal.gif Thats gonna be one sweet ride. Good luck with the build. beer.gif
RangerRhett
So far...almost looks like any new car...

I am amazed thus far!!!!

mueba.gif
RustyWa
Got to love all that dust on your interior. That really chapped my ass, as it's hard as hell to get it all out. That body work dust gets into everything.
RangerRhett
Yup...you can't stop it!

This particular shop is a typical 'insurance' shop... but they have some other redeeming qualities that i don't want to get into right now...

They 'detail' all of their customers cars before they return them to you... So most of it (dust) will be taken care of...

2 be honest...I am surprised that they took the opportunity to even look at my car.... the manager (though a salesman) claimed to be a Porsche-phile just like the rest of us...

maybe that had something to do with it...

There is no WAY that they are going to make much money off of me...

I guess working on Dodge Caravans and Chrystler Sebrings gets old after a while...

All-in-all an interesting situation!
MecGen
Hi

You know...I think you did good. If they are a qualified shop, and someone took special interest...score!
I relate to the fact that you wanted to try it yourself, but I can't see you being disappointed with the results, as could of been the case if you did it at home.
Insurance companies make deals with high volume / low profit work (at least in my area),

I guess working on Dodge Caravans and Chrystler Sebrings gets old after a while...

Oh Ya...I once finished a 12 volt conversion on a 49 Chev, on a Sunday. Listened to music, ordered some pizza, couple buds came by...good times, customer got away real cheap.

Can't wait to see the pics on Tuesday

Later

beer.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.